What seed would we be in NCAA March Madness if we somehow win the AAC? | The Boneyard

What seed would we be in NCAA March Madness if we somehow win the AAC?

Reaction Score
I know that the chances are slim. I know how hard it is for a team to run the team. But I'm sorry but I'm an eternal optimist.
From another perspective, there isn't a team that is so good such that UConn stands no chance. If we play well that particular night we can beat any of the other teams in AAC. Plus I know it's obvious but somebody will win the AAC at the end! Why not us?? With that said looking at our season resume what seed would the selection committee put us at?

Reaction Score
Some people suggest the committee has been using resume metrics for selection and predictive measures for seeding. In that case, we'd likely be low 40s or high 30s in those metrics if we won out. I'd guess a 10 or 11 seed.

Reaction Score
If we ran the table we would have 23 wins with a few very solid wins, plus playing extremely well of late, probably almost as good as anyone, which I believe is supposed to matter.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The NCAA, working with the AAC powers, would make a special seeding where UConn would have to beat all 4 last in on consecutive nights in different arenas throughout the USA in order to play the number 1 overall seed on the 5th night.

Reaction Score
9 is my vote. If we run the table and win the AAC, that puts us in the top 36ish in the nation.

Reaction Score
To run the table and win the AAC I think that should put us on the top half of the brackets. Question...do the recent string of wins have more weight as opposed to beating some good teams during the earlier part of the season? If that is the case then running the table would be excellent for us!

Reaction Score
Probably an 11 and starting our tournament Tuesday or Wednesday in Dayton.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know that the chances are slim. I know how hard it is for a team to run the team. But I'm sorry but I'm an eternal optimist.

Love that handle. If you an asian dude it's bloody perfect

We aren't winning this thing tho. Kemba Walker ain't walking through that door

Reaction Score
Honestly, with the seeds the AAC has been getting these past few years, probably either a 13 and/or a first four game. The last time UConn made the tourney, they were a (much?) better team and got a 9 seed. I remember when Georgia (edit: 17-16 after the 4 game win streak to take the SEC) got in as a barely .500 team. They won 4 games in less than 4 days (snowstorm severely postponed first round game) they got a 14 and almost beat Xavier.

Crazy thing is, with the same overall record and conference record in the Big East with similar metrics, regardless of where they got those 8 wins in the BE, they would be firmly on the bubble, if not "last 4 in" especially with 2 wins and semi conference loss in the BET and they'd be in I bet as at least a 10. BE > AAC.

Interesting Question BY. (Am I allowed to dream?) I know this is unlikely, but fun to think and wonder about just the same.

So lets dream of a UConn AACT win and assume they get anywhere from an 11-13.
Assuming (very likely) that seeds will fluctuate at least a little bit more from the current projections, what team would you rather face according to today's projections for the 4-6 line?

4 - Creighton, Michigan St., Penn St, Oregon
5 - Iowa, Auburn, Colorado, Wisconsin
6 - Michigan, BYU, Arizona, Ohio St

I don't really think any of the current 4 seeds are likely to leapfrog the current 3s (especially Duke and Kentucky, but also Ville) unless something crazy happens and I don't think UConn would be placed lower than a 13 if they won the AACT. Maybe Marquette, WVirginia or Butler (projected 7s) could climb to a 6, would not be shocked at all.

So of those 15 stated teams, in a dream scenario where UConn wins out, those are the 15 most likely opponents, who would you want to see?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
12 seed like Oregon last year that made a Sweet 16 run

Reaction Score
Win out and top end is probably a 10 seed. I'd guess likely an 11. 12 would be possible as well.

Reaction Score
We aren't winning this thing tho. Kemba Walker ain't walking through that door

Obviously the smart money says they bow out in the AAC tournament, but that Kemba team ran a gauntlet. These teams stink by comparison.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Obviously the smart money says they bow out in the AAC tournament, but that Kemba team ran a gauntlet. These teams stink by comparison.

I get that, I do. Just saying that this team has no closer on that level. With Kemba, it felt like you always had a chance, no matter what. I mean, he was the best player in the country.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No, but Bouknight is.

Yeah, but he's like 5 levels down from Kemba from where kemba was right now, Kemba was the best player in the country (should have been POY). Bouk isn't remotely close to best player in the AAC, a complete crap conference

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom