What seed would we be in NCAA March Madness if we somehow win the AAC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What seed would we be in NCAA March Madness if we somehow win the AAC?

Reaction Score
Not saying he is Kemba. But this also ain’t the Old Big East. A guy like James could easily carry us through this slate.

Biggest problem is going to be bodies but they're not going to play a team in this tournament they can't beat.

Reaction Score
Honestly, with the seeds the AAC has been getting these past few years, probably either a 13 and/or a first four game. The last time UConn made the tourney, they were a (much?) better team and got a 9 seed. I remember when Georgia (edit: 17-16 after the 4 game win streak to take the SEC) got in as a barely .500 team. They won 4 games in less than 4 days (snowstorm severely postponed first round game) they got a 14 and almost beat Xavier.

Crazy thing is, with the same overall record and conference record in the Big East with similar metrics, regardless of where they got those 8 wins in the BE, they would be firmly on the bubble, if not "last 4 in" especially with 2 wins and semi conference loss in the BET and they'd be in I bet as at least a 10. BE > AAC.

Interesting Question BY. (Am I allowed to dream?) I know this is unlikely, but fun to think and wonder about just the same.

So lets dream of a UConn AACT win and assume they get anywhere from an 11-13.
Assuming (very likely) that seeds will fluctuate at least a little bit more from the current projections, what team would you rather face according to today's projections for the 4-6 line?

4 - Creighton, Michigan St., Penn St, Oregon
5 - Iowa, Auburn, Colorado, Wisconsin
6 - Michigan, BYU, Arizona, Ohio St

I don't really think any of the current 4 seeds are likely to leapfrog the current 3s (especially Duke and Kentucky, but also Ville) unless something crazy happens and I don't think UConn would be placed lower than a 13 if they won the AACT. Maybe Marquette, WVirginia or Butler (projected 7s) could climb to a 6, would not be shocked at all.

So of those 15 stated teams, in a dream scenario where UConn wins out, those are the 15 most likely opponents, who would you want to see?
Honestly, with the seeds the AAC has been getting these past few years, probably either a 13 and/or a first four game. The last time UConn made the tourney, they were a (much?) better team and got a 9 seed. I remember when Georgia (edit: 17-16 after the 4 game win streak to take the SEC) got in as a barely .500 team. They won 4 games in less than 4 days (snowstorm severely postponed first round game) they got a 14 and almost beat Xavier.

Crazy thing is, with the same overall record and conference record in the Big East with similar metrics, regardless of where they got those 8 wins in the BE, they would be firmly on the bubble, if not "last 4 in" especially with 2 wins and semi conference loss in the BET and they'd be in I bet as at least a 10. BE > AAC.

Interesting Question BY. (Am I allowed to dream?) I know this is unlikely, but fun to think and wonder about just the same.

Assuming (very likely) that seeds will fluctuate at least a little bit more from the current projections, what team would you rather face according to today's projections for the 4-6 line?

I don't really think any of the current 4 seeds are likely to leapfrog the current 3s (especially Duke and Kentucky, but also Ville) unless something crazy happens and I don't think UConn would be placed lower than a 13 if they won the AACT. Maybe Marquette, WVirginia or Butler (projected 7s) could climb to a 6, would not be shocked at all.

So of those 15 stated teams, in a dream scenario where UConn wins out, those are the 15 most likely opponents, who would you want to see?
Either Michigan team. Besides Duke and NC no other teams exist that I dislike more. So if Uconn beat them I’d be walking on clouds.

Reaction Score

penn state or byu. i don’t believe the hype

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom