What seed do you see us eventually being in March? | The Boneyard

What seed do you see us eventually being in March?

What seed do you see us eventually being in March?

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 16 7.0%

Votes: 78 34.4%

Votes: 76 33.5%

Votes: 36 15.9%

Votes: 13 5.7%

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
It’s still early but let’s see who gets it right. and there’s no chance we’re past a 10 seed

Reaction Score
It’s still early but let’s see who gets it right. and there’s no chance we’re past a 10 seed
I think this team is highly regarded nationally and the Auburn win is huge for us. Unless this team falls flat on its face i see us no worse than a 5. If we get hot and win the BET i could easily see a 3 or possibly a 2. What do i expect? Id say we end up with a 5.

Reaction Score
I don't think I ever remember us being a 4 seed. Can anyone remember for me?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That range of 4-6 seems most likely. Did some quick math and UConn should have 23-24 wins heading into BET. PC makeup could change that. No bad losses yet.

Some of this depends on everyone else too. No team seems immune from upsets.

Reaction Score
went with a 4 because i really don't want to be a 5 seed. those 5-12 match-ups are always so hairy.

Reaction Score
We were a four seed and lost to San Diego in the first first round. JC's only first round loss I think. It was the game AJ Price got hurt. My memory could be a little fuzzy.
I remember that game. Unfortunately. Thanks for the reminder. I asked for it

Reaction Score
I think this team is highly regarded nationally and the Auburn win is huge for us. Unless this team falls flat on its face i see us no worse than a 5. If we get hot and win the BET i could easily see a 3 or possibly a 2. What do i expect? Id say we end up with a 5.
ESPN’s college game day had a “love it, like it, leave it” segment this morning. We were the first team that came up. Seth Greenberg said he “likes” us and was very close to love. Talked about how Adama is a mountain of a man, and of course, heavy mention of the Auburn win. Said we’re a dark horse to win the BE. All this to say, we are VERY well regarded nationally for the Auburn win. If this team hits a stride and plays towards its ceiling, a 3-4 is possible.

Reaction Score
I remember that game. Unfortunately. Thanks for the reminder. I asked for it

Yeah fun day until the injury. We had 8 guys play golf at Tallwood that day all with the intent of watching a W at The Diamond in Glastonbury after. It was a tough one to watch even with a few cold ones to soften the blow. Was in interesting team with AJ not as much without.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we get 23-24 wins, we will probably end up as a 4 seed.
If we get 25-26 wins, we will probably end up as a 3 seed.
27 wins likely means 2 seed; 28+ means a 1 seed.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The biggest thing for our seeding will be to avoid a loss to Georgetown or DePaul. If we can sweep those games, then we finish the year with no bad losses. That will do a ton for us on selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
The Villanova game yesterday was a perfect example of the potential to lose any game in the NBE. We too often have long stretches where we play like a 16 seed so I ended up with a 6 seed.

Reaction Score
We go as far as RJ Cole can take us but where we land depends a lot on the BE Tournament results. It gives the committee ammo up or down. If RJ stays healthy and we get to the semis I'd guess we might be a 4-5. Go out early and it's 8-10. Big difference.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That was the Drummond/Lamb team correct? That is the most perplexing loss looking back on it. Royce White really emerged in that one. I was all geared up for a W on that one.

Unfortunately it wasn't very perplexing, it pretty much encapsulated our season.

Reaction Score
We go as far as RJ Cole can take us but where we land depends a lot on the BE Tournament results. It gives the committee ammo up or down. If RJ stays healthy and we get to the semis I'd guess we might be a 4-5. Go out early and it's 8-10. Big difference.
The Big East tournament performance is not going to be the difference between being a top 15 team and a top 40 team in the field. That's crazy talk

Reaction Score
We've been pretty consistently high teens to low 20s in our advanced metrics (#15 NET currently) and mostly also true for polling, which would put us in that 4-7 range. But right now our resume is actually a little top heavy, with that huge Auburn win and then not a ton of really strong meat elsewhere (@Marq only other Q1 win, only 2 Q2 wins). We're 29th in WAB, which would be an 8 seed. We're going to need some top team home wins and more road BE wins, and that's where this 9 game straight Q1 (4)+Q2 (5) stretch upcoming after tomorrow's game comes into play.

Need to win more games than we lose in that stretch to cement ourselves in that 4-7 range. 5 wins probably keeps us around the 6 line, while 6 wins moves us closer to 4. 6 wins means we win at least 1 of the 4 Nova and X games and completely take care of business in the others. If we sweep home (incl X and Nova) and win Johnnies and Depaul on the road that's 7, and then we start talking top 4 seedline.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We've been pretty consistently high teens to low 20s in our advanced metrics (#15 NET currently) and mostly also true for polling, which would put us in that 4-7 range. But right now our resume is actually a little top heavy, with that huge Auburn win and then not a ton of really strong meat elsewhere (@Marq only other Q1 win, only 2 Q2 wins). We're 29th in WAB, which would be an 8 seed. We're going to need some top team home wins and more road BE wins, and that's where this 9 game straight Q1 (4)+Q2 (5) stretch upcoming after tomorrow's game comes into play.

Need to win more games than we lose in that stretch to cement ourselves in that 4-7 range. 5 wins probably keeps us around the 6 line, while 6 wins moves us closer to 4. 6 wins means we win at least 1 of the 4 Nova and X games and completely take care of business in the others. If we sweep home (incl X and Nova) and win Johnnies and Depaul on the road that's 7, and then we start talking top 4 seedline.
Yeah, but if we win the next 13 games, we're likely a 1-seed!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom