What scenario would you like to avoid on Sunday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What scenario would you like to avoid on Sunday?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think Indiana is now safely in. I believe the play-ins will be ND, Wyoming, Texas A&M and SMU. Of those, I'd be most worried about Texas A&M, and then SMU should they win the AAC today. That said, I also think we'll be the 2nd best 5 seed, which should line us up against an AQ, most likely UAB, if I were to take an educated guess.

The one 4 seed I don't want in R32 is Arkansas. I didn't watch the A&M vs Ark game but I've seen a few games with Notae, and my impression was that he's almost as clutch as Gillespie and is just a joy to watch. But A&M held him to 5 points (he averages 18+). I'd rather our guys face Cockburn and Illinois. I think Arkansas and Illinois are the most likely R32 opponents as I don't think the bracket setup will pit us vs Providence on the first weekend.
That's a team I absolutely do not want to face. Very few people can matchup with Sanogo one and one and I believe Cockburn is one of them.

Reaction Score
I think Indiana is now safely in. I believe the play-ins will be ND, Wyoming, Texas A&M and SMU. Of those, I'd be most worried about Texas A&M, and then SMU should they win the AAC today. That said, I also think we'll be the 2nd best 5 seed, which should line us up against an AQ, most likely UAB, if I were to take an educated guess.

The one 4 seed I don't want in R32 is Arkansas. I didn't watch the A&M vs Ark game but I've seen a few games with Notae, and my impression was that he's almost as clutch as Gillespie and is just a joy to watch. But A&M held him to 5 points (he averages 18+). I'd rather our guys face Cockburn and Illinois. I think Arkansas and Illinois are the most likely R32 opponents as I don't think the bracket setup will pit us vs Providence on the first weekend.

i agree -- i realllly don't like curbelo as a pg for illinois. i plan on fading them on my bracket.

also, i actually like sanogo against a huge center because it means the other team won't double as much. sanogo can spin on cockburn and try and get him in foul trouble. i don't think it's a terrible match-up at all.

Reaction Score
Beginning of second season--Luck of the draw--Control what you can-- Get healthy and put up some foul shots in practice

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That's a team I absolutely do not want to face. Very few people can matchup with Sanogo one and one and I believe Cockburn is one of them.
Main reason I'd rather face Illinois is they lost to Purdue twice. While Purdue has Ivey, who's much taller than Cole, and Edey, who's a 7'4" giant, they play similarly to us, thus we're a bad matchup for Illinois. I also don't think Cockburn can take over a game white Notae can.

Reaction Score
We are probably going to get a 5 seed so we will get that daunting 12 seed first

I would love to play against SMU as our 12 seed I think we would run them out of the gym.

One 12 seed I’m praying we don’t match up with first is South Dakota St. If we let them shoot 3s like we did vs Villanova we will actually lose by 20+ no joke those boys can shoot

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

What scenario would you like to avoid on Sunday?​

My mother in law stopping by the house and wanting to “catch up” during the selection show.

Reaction Score
Just don’t have it at 4 on Friday the same time as the UConn vs Northeastern in hockey East semis. Just don’t have the game in the 4-7 time slot after 8 on Friday I don’t care, on Thursday I say 4-6.

Reaction Score

Yes. Arkansas is terrifying.

Reaction Score
We are probably going to get a 5 seed so we will get that daunting 12 seed first

I would love to play against SMU as our 12 seed I think we would run them out of the gym.

One 12 seed I’m praying we don’t match up with first is South Dakota St. If we let them shoot 3s like we did vs Villanova we will actually lose by 20+ no joke those boys can shoot
SD state is I think rated the best shooting team in the country, but when i watched the SD st. vs NDst. They didn't scare me. But they also said that was a bad shooting performance from them.

Reaction Score
As many people have already said Arkansas is the 4 seed I’d like to avoid. I think it’s splitting hairs with the 12 seed you want to face.

Reaction Score
I'd like to avoid a team like Villanova that has 7 guys that will shoot from 3. We play great D but teams like that can kill you because you can't cover everyone all the time.

Reaction Score
I'd like to avoid a team like Villanova that has 7 guys that will shoot from 3. We play great D but teams like that can kill you because you can't cover everyone all the time.
I think this is #1.

Would like to avoid a team that has 5 shooters, especially one that can defend and board the interior at the same time (Nova/Creighton/Maryland type).

In general, would love a team with a weak interior D so Sanogo can get back on track.

South Dakota St... I Think we could limit and outscore them, but that's an interesting matchup. They play 4 shooters, have an atrocious defense, but their one okay thing on D is defensive rebounding. Would be a contest of if they're okay defensive rebounding can hold up or are they just not able to defend any facet of our offense. 4 42%+ shooters on the court at the same time is terrifying though.

UAB shoots it accurately, but doesn't actually take many, only start 2 shooters. Their defense is pretty mediocre all around. This seems like a good matchup for us.

I think we'd eat Rutgers alive. We're a better vesion of them. They go for blocks instead of rebounds, but aren't even that effective.

Notre Dame is probably the landmine matchup. 5 shooters on offense, good defensive rebounding, no fouling. Maybe Sanogo can eat, but we'd have to outscore them while trading 2 for 3.

Wyoming has 2 3/4 shooters. They draw fouls, a little similar to Providence. We could probably grind them out.

Texas A&M has only 2 shooters. Also a litlte similar to Providence, with a bit of Marquette on defense. We'd kill them on the boards. Seems like an okay matchup, but they're hot lately.

Michigan/Indiana are clearly better teams than the others on this list, so it would suck if we got them. Indiana has a good interior D, so that would be a war down low. Michigan is surprisingly bad interior D despite Dickinson. Think it would be okay.

Reaction Score
east region. i already didn't see them @ msg for covid reasons (wife is immuno-comp). philly 15 mins from my place would suck not to see them live

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this is #1.

Would like to avoid a team that has 5 shooters, especially one that can defend and board the interior at the same time (Nova/Creighton/Maryland type).

In general, would love a team with a weak interior D so Sanogo can get back on track.

South Dakota St... I Think we could limit and outscore them, but that's an interesting matchup. They play 4 shooters, have an atrocious defense, but their one okay thing on D is defensive rebounding. Would be a contest of if they're okay defensive rebounding can hold up or are they just not able to defend any facet of our offense. 4 42%+ shooters on the court at the same time is terrifying though.

UAB shoots it accurately, but doesn't actually take many, only start 2 shooters. Their defense is pretty mediocre all around. This seems like a good matchup for us.

I think we'd eat Rutgers alive. We're a better vesion of them. They go for blocks instead of rebounds, but aren't even that effective.

Notre Dame is probably the landmine matchup. 5 shooters on offense, good defensive rebounding, no fouling. Maybe Sanogo can eat, but we'd have to outscore them while trading 2 for 3.

Wyoming has 2 3/4 shooters. They draw fouls, a little similar to Providence. We could probably grind them out.

Texas A&M has only 2 shooters. Also a litlte similar to Providence, with a bit of Marquette on defense. We'd kill them on the boards. Seems like an okay matchup, but they're hot lately.

Michigan/Indiana are clearly better teams than the others on this list, so it would suck if we got them. Indiana has a good interior D, so that would be a war down low. Michigan is surprisingly bad interior D despite Dickinson. Think it would be okay.
Good breakdown. Looking at most of these teams then, there really is very little safe space. They all look like a grind. But I still say I'd rather avoid the power 5 teams you listed more than the mids.

Reaction Score

Arkansas! Damn damn damn damn damn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom