What scenario would you like to avoid on Sunday? | The Boneyard

What scenario would you like to avoid on Sunday?

Reaction Score
If we’re going to be a 5, I’d like to be playing in Buffalo, but preferably not in the same bracket as Arizona. I don’t get to watch much west coast hoops normally but they are contenders IMO.

However, playing in Buffalo should be a boon for us! I can’t make it personally after spending a fortunate at MSG but I know the Husky faithful will make us proud. That was a big lift playing in Buffalo in 2014.

Reaction Score
I really dont care - this tournament has so much parity. Take care of your pre-game scouting, play good defense, shoot well enough to win, stay healthy, and move on to the next opponent.

We can play any style of game well enough to beat almost anyone; we can shoot poorly enough to be challenged by almost anyone.

It's simple: "man up" on D and shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
I would not be pleased if we somehow landed an Indiana in rd. 1. A mid major 1st rounder would be nice.
I'd rather an Indiana then a mid major with a bunch of seniors. Those are the mids that upset the big boys.

Reaction Score
I'd like to avoid UCLA in the 4/5 round of 32 matchup. Bracket matrix has them, PC, Arkansas and Illinois as the 4 seeds right now. We won't be in the same region as PC and I favor Arkansas + Illinois to UCLA.

Reaction Score
As long as we get at least a 5 seed I'm happy. No opponent in the first round is going to scare me, the play in game fear is stupid

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I would not be pleased if we somehow landed an Indiana in rd. 1. A mid major 1st rounder would be nice.
I think Indiana is now safely in. I believe the play-ins will be ND, Wyoming, Texas A&M and SMU. Of those, I'd be most worried about Texas A&M, and then SMU should they win the AAC today. That said, I also think we'll be the 2nd best 5 seed, which should line us up against an AQ, most likely UAB, if I were to take an educated guess.

The one 4 seed I don't want in R32 is Arkansas. I didn't watch the A&M vs Ark game but I've seen a few games with Notae, and my impression was that he's almost as clutch as Gillespie and is just a joy to watch. But A&M held him to 5 points (he averages 18+). I'd rather our guys face Cockburn and Illinois. I think Arkansas and Illinois are the most likely R32 opponents as I don't think the bracket setup will pit us vs Providence on the first weekend.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As long as we get at least a 5 seed I'm happy. No opponent in the first round is going to scare me, the play in game fear is stupid
I think we are a team that no one really wants to see on the bracket against them. We are in elite team defensively and on any given night can beat you from three if you pack it in or have Sanogo score it will if you don’t. It didn’t work out that way against Villanova, but they are a very smart and disciplined team.

Reaction Score
Things I'd like to avoid:
  • as others have said, a 5/12 with the 12 as a play-in winner
  • Gonzaga as the #1 seed

Mind you, we'll be favored against any 12 seed, and it's not that I'm scared to play one, but given that we're almost certainly a 5 seed, and our possible outcomes are A) a mid-major conference champ, B) an at-large who is getting hot at the right time and just won a big game against another Tournament team 2 nights earlier, I'll take A.

I'm actually not particularly scared of any of the potential 4/5 seeds, nor any of the potential 1 seeds other than Gonzaga (at least relative to how strong 1 seeds usually are).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All I care about is being in the Friday-Sunday games. I’m going to SC and will be flying home Saturday. We will need to beat good teams no matter what. Matchups matter most.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The abrasive, wise ass in me says if Duke ends up as a two seed, I want to be a fifteen in their bracket; if they end up a three, I want to be the fourteen they have to face.

That said, I'm more worried about facing a well coached, disciplined, fundamentally sound mid-major that may be a bit lacking in size and athleticism than a major conference team that basically had to sneak in due to their inconsistent performance throughout the season.

Reaction Score
Things I'd like to avoid:
  • as others have said, a 5/12 with the 12 as a play-in winner
  • Gonzaga as the #1 seed

Mind you, we'll be favored against any 12 seed, and it's not that I'm scared to play one, but given that we're almost certainly a 5 seed, and our possible outcomes are A) a mid-major conference champ, B) an at-large who is getting hot at the right time and just won a big game against another Tournament team 2 nights earlier, I'll take A.

I'm actually not particularly scared of any of the potential 4/5 seeds, nor any of the potential 1 seeds other than Gonzaga (at least relative to how strong 1 seeds usually are).
Gonzaga or Zona… I’m telling you. Baylor or Kansas is far preferable.

Reaction Score
A better question would be how a one seed or a 4 seed might react to us being a 5 seed. Guaranteed that would say oh crap those guys!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom