What ramifications would a missed '20-'21 season have on UConn basketball? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What ramifications would a missed '20-'21 season have on UConn basketball?

Reaction Score
I love college sports. Much rather watch college football or basketball or hockey than the pro version any day. That said, I wonder if shutting college sports down for a year might not be beneficial. Force UConn and every other D1 program to really look at the situation and recalibrate what their doing. Let’s be honest. College basketball is a cesspool. There are programs that bribing players and nothing happens. The one and done system makes a mockery of the college part of college basketball. The whole P5 system is unfair. Everything from scheduling games at crazy hours, and remember when college hoop started the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving, To league tournaments that make the regular season a meaningless joke and are designed as nothing more than a money grab in any case, to requiring 16 seeds to play each other in a play in game while mediocre “major” programs get a pass into the first round of the tournament. Football games starting at 8-9 pm in November on Wednesday in the northeast...maybe stepping away for a year let’s everyone take a look at what has been happening and figure out a way forward that is more logical. Doubtful, I know. But if their was ever a time this might be it.

Unfortunately, all your points are overridden by the money involved. The saturation of the many various cable and satellite channels is hard to comprehend when you think back to the 80's when TV games that featured their favorite team were a treat for the fans. Now, on any given Saturday there are 40 or more basketball games televised. Almost the same for football. Hard to believe how much money is being paid for games with fewer than half a million watching.

Reaction Score
I think Bouk declares for the draft next year whether there's a season or not unfortunately. You're considered a dinosaur at 30 years old in pro sports these days so players need to maximize their time to get paid. Teams draft on potential more than ever now so barring injury, I could see him as a first rounder.
Tom Brady says hi.

Reaction Score
My guess is more things like will Bouk just declare and we’d only get one year out of him?

And overall thing would be the potentially massive grad transfer pool if everyone is given an extra year like baseball.
The one big question that jumps out at me in this scenario is: What do we do with a roster of at least 12 healthy guys expecting playing time?

Interested in the 'Yard's thoughts on this or any other question which would arise should there be no college basketball season due to Covid-19.
Someone needs to redshirt cause we get Akok and polley back

Poe

Reaction Score
I don’t know why everyone is assuming we’d have 12 healthy players. Players don’t only get injured in games. Plenty of opportunities to get injured playing pickup basketball, practices, or getting mad playing video games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom