What Position Does Jasmine Lister Have With UConn Women's Team? | The Boneyard

What Position Does Jasmine Lister Have With UConn Women's Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was at First Night, and was surprised more than anything else by the mention of Jasmine Lister's name at the end of the list of "assistant coaches" (which definitely included people serving in capacities other than that). But I had heard nothing about Ms. Lister (who was a good player for Vanderbilt a few years ago) being associated with UConn WCBB in any way whatsoever.

Does anyone have more information about this?

Reaction Score
I was at First Night, and was surprised more than anything else by the mention of Jasmine Lister's name at the end of the list of "assistant coaches" (which definitely included people serving in capacities other than that). But I had heard nothing about Ms. Lister (who was a good player for Vanderbilt a few years ago) being associated with UConn WCBB in any way whatsoever.

Does anyone have more information about this?

She's a graduate assistant. She's listed in the staff directory for the athletic department.

Reaction Score
I always really admired her play. Someone that small starting in D1 basketball takes exceptional courage and determination. I will always admire Tameka Johnson, the 5'2" WNBA player who was the pg for LSU. She overcame the height disadvantage along with other obstacles to achieve success in basketball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I liked her a lot when she was at Vandy. Tough kid and great spirit. I'm curious how this came about, e.g., did she approach Geno/CD?

Reaction Score
Exactly what is a graduate assistant, what do they do ?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Go to graduate school. And do a little coaching.
Am I right/wrong in my belief that a GA uses up a scholarship?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I think Jasmine might be a friend with KML. Both from So Cal and I believe they played on the same club team, West Coast Premier, before KML moved to the Tennessee Flight. I think Jasmine might have been an invitee to one of the USA teams, not the ones that Geno coached but perhaps one that KML was on and she might have become friendly with Jen from Hartford. Both Jas and her twin sister Cinnamon were all hustle all the time during their HS years. Always worth the $5-6 admission to watch them play. Her twin sister is a senior at Cal State Norhtridge, after transferring from Boise State and sitting out a year. This is first news to me that she as at UConn as I was searching for her name in Europe and when I couldnt find it I thought she gave up the game.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And who is Peggy Myers?

Geno Auriemma Head Coach
Chris Dailey Associate Head Coach
Marisa Moseley Assistant Coach marisa.moseley@uconn.edu
Shea Ralph Assistant Coach shea.ralph@uconn.edu
Sarah Darras Director of Women's Basketball Administration sarah.darras@uconn.edu
Kevin Demille Assistant Director of Women's Basketball Administration kevin.demille@uconn.edu
Peggy Myers Program Assistant peggy.myers@uconn.edu
Jasmine Lister Graduate Assistant jasmine.lister@uconn.edu

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
And who is Peggy Myers?

Geno Auriemma Head Coach
Chris Dailey Associate Head Coach
Marisa Moseley Assistant Coach marisa.moseley
Shea Ralph Assistant Coach shea.ralph
Sarah Darras Director of Women's Basketball Administration sarah.darras
Kevin Demille Assistant Director of Women's Basketball Administration kevin.demille
Peggy Myers Program Assistant peggy.myers
Jasmine Lister Graduate Assistant jasmine.lister

Formerly Peggy Walsh who played on Geno's first team in 1985. Peggy has worked in the wbb office for several years. Her husband is a UConn grad and her son is a TE on the football team.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Formerly Peggy Walsh who played on Geno's first team in 1985. Peggy has worked in the wbb office for several years. Her husband is a UConn grad and her son is a TE on the football team.
Thanks Cat. Didn't know that.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConnCat could post last weeks weather from Naples & I would learn something new and "like" it....as always, thanks..:)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno and members of his '85 team at the basketball facility reception last month. Peggy Walsh is the woman on the far right.

Peggy still holds the UConn WBB record for most rebounds in a game: 25.
Geno on Peggy:

"The best thing that happened to me my first year at UConn was the fact Peggy was a senior," Auriemma said. "She was the kind of kid who could play for us even now, because of the level of competitiveness and toughness. More importantly she bought into what I was doing, it trickled down to the rest of the team, it helped our program grow."

"She'd probably say I'm the best and worst thing that happened to her. She liked to go at her own pace. I remember kidding her, 'If you start training on something other than cheeseburgers and Budweiser you're going to be a hell of a player.'"

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I always really admired her play. Someone that small starting in D1 basketball takes exceptional courage and determination. I will always admire Tameka Johnson, the 5'2" WNBA player who was the pg for LSU. She overcame the height disadvantage along with other obstacles to achieve success in basketball.
I always thought she was great. Watching her in that Home game vs. Tennessee, if you haven't seen it, it's a must watch. They might still have it on ESPN3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom