What Player Will Make a Jump? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Player Will Make a Jump?

Reaction Score
Not saying Sid can’t contribute and his athleticism alone can put points up around the rim but the kid can’t shoot or handle. He’s a piece of the team not an emerging dominant player. Shooting, ball handling and defense are where he needs to “jump”. I don’t expect it. Who else besides Carlton has done this “jump” the last few years? We need better players to start with.

Reaction Score
Rique seems like a good candidate. He was super rusty. First full off-season with some real film to study could do wonders for him.

Or Carlton. He really stepped it up the last 10 games of the year.

Reaction Score
Not saying Sid can’t contribute and his athleticism alone can put points up around the rim but the kid can’t shoot or handle. He’s a piece of the team not an emerging dominant player. Shooting, ball handling and defense are where he needs to “jump”. I don’t expect it. Who else besides Carlton has done this “jump” the last few years? We need better players to start with.
Hurley is a good coach. A good coach cannot teach elite athleticism like Sid has. However, good coaches know how to teach shooting, handling, and defense.

Sid won't be a stud next year, but he will definitely improve in all parts of his game

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I expect improvement from everybody.
  • Sid has the most room to improve given his athletic talent. The question is whether he makes that leap.
  • I think Brendan Adams will be better than people here think. He has nice size, and can be kind of a "power guard" who can post smaller players or be hard to stop when attacking the basket.
  • Polley improved, and has room to further improve. I think he will come back a little stronger and hopefully focus on defense and rebounding, not just 3 point shooting. Practicing against Akok should help him.

Reaction Score
So we can expect a starting line-up of Al, CV, _____, Akok, Carlton?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hurley is a good coach. A good coach cannot teach elite athleticism like Sid has. However, good coaches know how to teach shooting, handling, and defense.

Sid won't be a stud next year, but he will definitely improve in all parts of his game

If he can improve in defense/rebounding and awareness alone, he'll be more than useful. I expect shooting, handle, and passing to take longer.

The thing that's unknown is his level of buy-in at the moment.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Josh. A summer of quality workouts to beef up and more work on his low post game and he'll be the big we've big wishing for.

Reaction Score
I think me and @the Q are the only posters on Porkchop Island but I really think he could become a solid contributor next year with his defensive skills.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think me and @the Q are the only posters on Porkchop Island but I really think he could become a solid contributor next year with his defensive skills.

I'd love it. And we need it. But banking on it at this point is a bad bet. If it happens, great.

Reaction Score
For much of the year Polley had improved. He certainly needs to strengthen his base and improve his rebounding. His handle needs work too.
That said, his defense was much better overall. Last year he couldn't guard a statue. His one on one defense was much better this year.

I think if Sid works, he could be a superstar. He might not ever be a 20 point a game guy, but he could be college Scottie Pippen who has a nice rooked number in several categories every game. He can block shots, get into passing lanes, and should become a steady rebounder. If he ever gets a consistent mid-range jumper, look out.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley because of the competition from Akok.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I hope they all jump for rebounds next season.
They already jump for rebounds. Unfortunately there is usually someone jumping in front of them. If they can make the jump to boxing out, we can all jump for joy.

Reaction Score
Alterique needs to be more efficient. If Sid can make a jump then we’ll be in a good spot. We get both of those to happen we’ll surprise people.
Gilbert scares me a little at the point , Mostly because he tends to hang onto the ball too much, but rather than him making a jump there ,
I’ll be happy to see him display that defense he showed two years ago.
Carlton will be a beast if he sticks to conditioning
Polley needs to bulk up and get a lot stronger and power to the basket , That will create better shots for him. Also enable him to get some offensive rebounds.
Wilson will have an exponential growth on defense. His offense will come slowly
Adams needs more cofidence in his shot the mechanics are there already.
But my pick is CV. I suspect we will see him with the ball more as his remarkable evolution continues. Ability to play some lead guard improves his value significantly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom