What P5 conferences and teams recruit the most JUCO's | The Boneyard

What P5 conferences and teams recruit the most JUCO's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO, we can't afford to pass up a juco kid worthy of a scholarship that can make an immediate impact on our team... We're not in a position to be that selective if we have true aspirations of being in a P5 conference anytime soon...

Reaction Score
IMO, we can't afford to pass up a juco kid worthy of a scholarship that can make an immediate impact on our team... We're not in a position to be that selective if we have true aspirations of being in a P5 conference anytime soon...

I agree. It would help if the transfer can help on either line for aseason out two so that the young ones can bulk up and get a hold of the system

Reaction Score
Just like high school recruiting while we are in this conference we are not going to be in position to get top flight juco transfers who are p5 caliber, couple that with the APR concerns that school has as many juco kids are there due to grades and desire to be in big ten not sure if this route the program will want to go.

Reaction Score
With our QB play being as poor as it has been, I would consider going the JUCO route at the position. Whitmer was serviceable, and Lorenzen was good till he got injured. I thinks its easier to project how a JUCO will play at this level vs a HS kid. Regardless of how you feel about Whitmer, he was light years better than most of the kids we've brought in from HS.

Reaction Score

Key word - Worthy of a scholorship. UCONN fans are going to have to face it that the UCF's, Houston's, Memphis', ECU's and others out there are going to get great JC athletes that unfortunately don't meet UCONN's academic standards. That's reality. Check out the US News rankings and see where the other public schools in our conference rank in comparison. As the article states, most, not all JUCO players do not fill the mold. I believe Diaco when he says (despite our poor performance on the gridiron, the UCONN brand is strong. Most players aren't going to the NFL and good student athletes value a UCONN education. So although for that reason we may miss out on some quality JUCO players, Diaco will from time to time get some good ones that buy into the total UCONN value proposition. I see him recruiting to the culture and going after kids who not only qualify but desire and value a UCONN education. In our aspirations to obtain AAU status, UCONN needs to hold true to that standard for obvious reasons.

Top National Universities:

SCHOOL

UCONN #19
TEMPLE # 58
CINCINNATI #63
USF #88
UCF #97
ECU NOT RANKED
MEMPHIS NOT RANKED
HOUSTON 106

Clearly UCONN has elite status when it comes to Academic rating. Navy, SMU, Tulane and Tulsa are private institutions with higher academic requirements as well.

Reaction Score
Bill Snider at K-State has a whole "minor league" program with a few JUCO schools that he works with. I'd say it works well for them.

Reaction Score
Clearly UCONN has elite status when it comes to Academic rating. Navy, SMU, Tulane and Tulsa are private institutions with higher academic requirements as well.

What are those doing right that we aren't to get higher caliber players at key positions, liker QB? We gotta recruit better at that position.

Reaction Score
With our QB play being as poor as it has been, I would consider going the JUCO route at the position. Whitmer was serviceable, and Lorenzen was good till he got injured. I thinks its easier to project how a JUCO will play at this level vs a HS kid. Regardless of how you feel about Whitmer, he was light years better than most of the kids we've brought in from HS.

We should be looking at the best option at QB for us no matter HS, Prep, juco from the rip. HS kids that are higher ranked don't pick us. Fact. We're currently no it in position to get a commit from one. Its as if we're a joke to a higher caliber HS QB. Same with prep school. Which leads me to the juco route. Why not recruit the heck out of a higher caliber juco QB right off the bat that would qualify to our school? We need to. That ground and pound philosophy, with inadequate QB play won't work well, with opposing D having 8-9 guys in the box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom