What now? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What now?

Reaction Score
I get what your saying, but the fact is that Illinois wouldn’t have been a signature win. I get that it’s a name and a big ten program but they stink and were playing a walk on and 2 third stringers on defense. I actually expected to win that game. Illinois is really bad, I think it may have given a lot of people a false sense of hope unfortunately that it was a competitive game.
All true. In retrospect, it would have been false hope. One day of hope at least. I don’t have the slightest sense of what to do now. The way they are getting beaten now reminds me of the end of Diaco’s last season. And there are zero signs of improvement so assuming you keep football going, starting at ground zero with a new coach leads to a rebuild of another 3 years of crap before there is a chance of seeing improvement. Maybe that is better than this. Hard to believe it could get worse.

Reaction Score
The baseball program usually gets to the post season tourney and then loses in the regionals. I guess to some that's okay. When you say b-ball program, you now do not say what the "b" is. If it is men's basketball, then that is correct. They have been pretty bad, no doubt. Most UConn olympic men's sport have not been so great lately. Soccer has nosedived. Hockey finishes near the bottom on the division.

Reaction Score
Downgrade fball to D2. Honestly if 5 years ago you would have said that Uconn would be in a fball conference which has 5 teams in the top 30 based on today's coaches poll it would have been a great sign. If you would have said the other revelation is Uconn will likely win 1 game for the second year in a row you'd said what ..k happened. Put a fork in it, indpendence will be brutal to recruit to. Just won't work for a variety of reasons which have manifested themselves in spite of being in a very good fball conference.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Bad luck, bad timing, bad neighbor...take your pick. Not getting into the ACC cost UConn dearly. We couldn't have been any worse than BC in FB and Kevin Ollie likely wouldn't have gotten the hoops HC job. UConn in the ACC would have aimed much higher than him.

So stuck in the AAC we saw men's hoops and FB take huge nose dives and they have killed us. Men's hoops, outside of a great tourney run, have done -all in the AAC. Football in the AAC has passed us by. We're not good enough for AAC football.

It's been an unmitigated disaster since BC shut the ACC door in our faces. Having a divided fanbase does not help.

Reaction Score
Football has been kicked to the curb.

Maybe we’re following the Georgetown model. ... strong academics and FCS football.

Coincidence?

....in the 2020 USNR rankings of BEST PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES..

...now that FSU has kicked football to the curb, they move up.

Can it be just a coincidence?

They now have passed UConn...if they tank completely, can they catch Georgetown?

Reaction Score
Coincidence?

....in the 2020 USNR rankings of BEST PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES..

...now that FSU has kicked football to the curb, they move up.

Can it be just a coincidence?

They now have passed UConn...if they tank completely, can they catch Georgetown?
Here's an idea.. since FSU has given up.. why not funnel their transfers up north to Storrs?????

Reaction Score
All of our other sports have been left to die on the vine to "save" basketball.

Not sure which sports you suggest have been doing well and might suffer from the change except for baseball. Football isn't doing well, neither is either soccer program or volleyball. Field Hockey was always in the Big East and Hockey is in Hockey East.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom