What made you fall in love with WBB? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What made you fall in love with WBB?

Reaction Score
Yup. Same here. When Cheryl Miller, along with the McGee twins (Pamela and Paula), had USC playing for the national championship in 1983, I became a fan. Well, I was a fan when Sports Illustrated had an article about Cheryl Miller's 100-point game.
As an aside, watch the 30 for 30 about Reggie Miller called "Winning Time". Besides being fantastic in its own right, it has a funny anecdote about that 100-point game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Starting with junior high, I played on the school's team and continued in high school for a couple of years. At 6'1" I was a center and played back up to a 7 footer who went on the play for Virginia. Eventually moved over to winter track. I was a lot faster than I was a shooter!!

I was also a New York Knicks fan in the days of Willis Reed, Clyde "The Glide" Frazier, and others. When the NBA went from basketball to run and gun and dunk I stopped watching.

Fast forward, I was channel surfing and came across a UConn women's basketball game on CPTV. That was the 94 - 95 season. I was surprised by the flow of the game, the passing, the back door cuts and all. The first game I watched the announcers mention that Jen Rizzotti was from New Fairfield. I taught at New Fairfield HS for a while. By the time Jen went to UConn I was teaching in another system.

That was the beginning of becoming a UConn women's basketball fan. And the wife and I are still fans but we now live in Florida.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom