What is your passion? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is your passion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know why the video isn't loading. I posted a link and that didn't work either. Go to youtube and look for the NY Giants "Finish" video. It tells the story of a HS cross country runner who literally crawled across the finish line to win her coach a state championship.

Reaction Score
Wow -- a Clair Bee reference. I'm blown away. I thought I was the only person alive who remembered reading all his books.

On the other hand, I'm not sure Clair Bee, having been as innovative as he was as a coach, would be thrilled with the comparison.

Who is Clair Bee? Was she hot? Now I gotta google her/him and find out what book's he/she wrote ... it better be worth it!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who is Clair Bee? Was she hot? Now I gotta google her/him and find out what book's he/she wrote ... it better be worth it!

If you like dudes born in the 1800s you should be excited.

Reaction Score
For the fellow sailor......this is a pic I took after the semifinal in Newport. The rudder was stuck, and they had to rig up a special dry dock for it for the night, they had the boat hanging in the air for about 45 minutes while the rest of the crews and boats were lined up in the harbor waiting to shut down for the night. The dock in the photo is main dock at Fort Adams - zoom in to see the crew on the dock, to get a perspective on how tall that sail is. What kind of boat do you have in the water? BTW - the Stella beer garden on the Fort Adams lawn, was my home for most of that day. What a great day.

2012-06-30 16.00.03 (2).jpg

Reaction Score
Sailing. Will and have given up early season FB games for a two day sailboat race. I prefer awful weather days for games until Columbus Day and then the decision to go to the game and not waste 12 hours going nowhere fast at great expense while getting wet is way easier. I have turned down business because the due date interferes with Block Island Race week. I am more depressed when there is no wind then when there is a devastating football loss until the end of October. Once the boat is pulled, then it is football.
After 5 years of telling myself I was going to learn to sail I finally took it up this summer.
Totally hooked.
Can't wait to get past the local lake and get to the coastal waters. Wish I followed my passion 5 years ago...

Reaction Score
For the fellow sailor......this is a pic I took after the semifinal in Newport. The rudder was stuck, and they had to rig up a special dry dock for it for the night, they had the boat hanging in the air for about 45 minutes while the rest of the crews and boats were lined up in the harbor waiting to shut down for the night. The dock in the photo is main dock at Fort Adams - zoom in to see the crew on the dock, to get a perspective on how tall that sail is. What kind of boat do you have in the water? BTW - the Stella beer garden on the Fort Adams lawn, was my home for most of that day. What a great day.

View attachment 1352
I was there on the Friday. Sail a tartan 33 based in Stonington. Crew on a J105 and occasionally on a J133. The 133 owner is also a client so I get invited on an overnight race every year but not as crew for J Worlds or NYYC races.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not only is tonight's South Park lampooning the NFL and the referee situation, but Butters plays the role of the hundred-pound inspiration for the school's replacement football team. Then Butters' spooge becomes a sports drink and thats sorta where the comparison fails.

Reaction Score
I'm not a sailor but it's hard to beat one of my best bottles of wine on a friends sailboat!

On the other hand never drink wine after my other passion hockey. Beer only.

Third one I'm putting together right now. Maybe something I can share with fellow Boneyarders when it's done..

Reaction Score
After 5 years of telling myself I was going to learn to sail I finally took it up this summer.
Totally hooked.
Can't wait to get past the local lake and get to the coastal waters. Wish I followed my passion 5 years ago...

Enjoy.

Reaction Score
I was there on the Friday. Sail a tartan 33 based in Stonington. Crew on a J105 and occasionally on a J133. The 133 owner is also a client so I get invited on an overnight race every year but not as crew for J Worlds or NYYC races.

Cool. Not a current owner, but have a goal working toward, and if it works out, will be on a gemini mc105 out of Clinton by next summer. I started as kid on a 12' Hobie on Bantam lake, and in the winter would go out and ice sail with a home made job my buddies and I put together on the lake, worked my way out into long island sound on that little hobie when you could still launch boats from the beach at Meigs Point at Hamonnassett, and have been a multihull surface boat enthusiast ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom