What is your favorite potential Lineup? | The Boneyard

What is your favorite potential Lineup?

Reaction Score
With the depth and roster flexibility this year, we will be able to run some fun lineups onto the court. This is not necessarily what you think our *best* 5 would be, but your favorite/most intriguing.

Mine is the Cheetah Lineup, with a small ball group that can hold their own on the glass but will be a run and gun monster.

PG Cole
SG Bouk
SF Jackson
PF Martin
C Whaley

Reaction Score
there are so many different combinations that make this very hard to choose...

to start the season I see Cole, Bouk, Polley, Whaley and Carlton

would love to see a fast pace offense in Cole/Gaffney, Bouk, Martin, Jackson, and Whaley - slam city

end of the season might look like Cole, Bouk, Akok, Whaley, Carlton - balanced (D heavy)

Excited to see the new guys!

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
there are so many different combinations that make this very hard to choose...

I can see to start the season being Cole, Bouk, Polley, Whaley and Carlton

would love to see a fast pace offense in Cole/Gaffney, Bouk, Martin, Jackson, and Whaley - slam city

end of the season might look like Cole, Bouk, Akok, Whaley, Carlton - balanced (D heavy)

Excited to see the new guys!

Sign me up for Gaff, Bouk, Jackson, Polley and Whaley.

I know Gaff can run this offense efficiently. Torn between Martin or Polley but a dead eye shooter with all these high risers intrigues me.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow, this is a great question. Part of me wants to see RJ and Gaffney on the floor together. We have had great success with two ball handlers on the floor at the same time.

Jackson is super athletic and a line up with him and Bouknight on the floor at the same time would be intriguing and very, very difficult to guard.

What about Akok? He had such an outstanding start to his freshman year and it’s such a high character guy that I can’t help but be enthusiastic about every minute he gets on the floor.

Then of course there is Sanogo. Remember how excited we were when we got this kid? It would be outstanding to actually have a physical presence on the floor who can bang with the big boys.

So that leaves me with…
RJ
Gaffney
Bouk
AJ
Akok
Sanogo.

Since the question was who would be the most intriguing lineup, not necessarily the most successful, I guess Gaffney has to go.

RJ
Bouk
AJ
Akok
Sanogo

(For what it’s worth, I think 2020 Gaffney, who is no longer hampered by a gimpy ankle, will be much, much better than 2019 Gaffney and much more difficult to pressure.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cole
Bouk
Jackson
Akok
Whaley

I don't think it's likely to be our best lineup, or even frequently used. But that kind of athleticism on the floor is something we haven't seen in years... maybe ever

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow, this is a great question. Part of me wants to see RJ and Gaffney on the floor together. We have had great success with two ball handlers on the floor at the same time.

Jackson is super athletic and a line up with him and Bouknight on the floor at the same time would be intriguing and very, very difficult to guard.

What about Akok? He had such an outstanding start to his freshman year and it’s such a high character guy that I can’t help but be enthusiastic about every minute he gets on the floor?

Then of course there is Sanogo. Remember how excited we were when we got this kid? It would be outstanding to actually have a physical presence on the floor who can bang with the big boys.

So that leaves me with…
RJ
Gaffney
Bouk
AJ
Akok
Sanogo.

Since the question was who would be the most intriguing lineup, not necessarily the most successful, I guess Gaffney has to go.

RJ
Bouk
AJ
Akok
Sanogo

(For what it’s worth, I think 2020 Gaffney, who is no longer hampered by a gimpy ankle, will be much, much better than 2019 Gaffney and much more difficult to pressure.)

I hadn't considered Akok with him still being out.

If we are doing hypotheticals and projecting improvements I could easily put Akok in at stretch 4 over Polley. But that is contingent on Akok being a reliable 3 shooter

Gaff
Bouk
Jackson
Akok
Whaley

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I hadn't considered Akok with him still being out.

If we are doing hypotheticals and projecting improvements I could easily put Akok in at stretch 4 over Polley. But that is contingent on Akok being a reliable 3 shooter

Gaff
Bouk
Jackson
Akok
Whaley
The thing that cracks me up about this thread is I read everyone’s lineup and go “that would be great.... Wow think about that lineup could do… etc.”

Definitely a great time to be a Husky fan!

( Think about Sanogo bodying up his man and AA coming over with the help block. )

Reaction Score
much better question than "what will be the starting lineup?"

cole, bouk, martin, akok, sanogo

size, scoring, shooting, rebounds, blocks. has it all.

Reaction Score
With so many what appears to be quality players I am concerned about chemistry. Bound to be lots of complaining.
Cole
Gaffney
Bouk
Whaley
Josh

First sub Martin for Josh, then AJ for Gaffney, then Polley for Bouk.

Looks like Springs and Brown not in rotation yet. Where are the minutes for Adams?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Kind of surprised to see so little love for Gaffney. Everyone wants to put a newcomer in over the guy who took over the point when we finally found success last year. Cole will get his chance, but I think Gaf will surprise the cramps out of the boneyard. I've got Gaf, Bouk, Tyler, Whaley and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
I love the flexibility of this team and can't wait to see the combinations Hurley can come up with.

How about the “pace-and-space” lineup?

Whaley at 5.
Polley at the 4 to open up space for bucket getters
Martin at the 3, one of the bucket getters and great rebounder.
Bouknight at the 2, the star.
Gaffney at the 1. Length at PG, and the top A/TO guy on the team. Doesn’t need the ball and can distribute to the other 3 shooters.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen Cole yet, so I’ll call PG a tossup for now. I also don’t know what to expect from Martin. I’d like us to get to the point that this is the starting lineup.

Cole/Gaff
Bouk
Jackson/Martin
Akok
Sanogo

Util Akok Returns plug Whaley in at PF. I don’t really like Whaley at the 5 very often. I really don’t know which version of Josh or Polley we will get. Aside from maybe one game before his injury, I thought Polley was ineffective as a 4. Late sophomore season Carlton was very effective.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Great way to ask this question

I would say

Cole
Gaff
Bouk
Jackson
Whaley

I dont think this would every be a real lineup (Jackson at 4) but I would love to see the pace of play and transition with these 5 on the court

Reaction Score
Gillespie
Moore
Daniels
Robinson-Earl
Samuels

Hard to leave off Dixon though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gillespie
Moore