What is your favorite dessert for the Holidays or at anytime? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What is your favorite dessert for the Holidays or at anytime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
My wife's chocolate mousse. Never had better anywhere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm partial to my faves. But this....

This gets my vote for possible new fave. You've perhaps an empty seat tomorrow?
Can we arrange orders for full pies via the Boneyard?? :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Pumpkin pie works for my number 1, of course I don't get it that often. I do like a lot of other fruit pies.

I like pastry stuff - again, I don't get it regularly although a local Mexican bakery has some tasty items. Think Elephant Ears, angel wings, etc.

In a restaurant, I rarely get desert - but a Chocolate Molten Pie tempts me. Had a great one the other day.

Reaction Score
Being a New Englander at heart I am almost certain it is Peach cobbler. Except when I am having a peach crisp. Hard to beat a great peach buckle, though. And a peach slump turns me upside down, until my next peach grunt. My sister's peach crumble is only rivalled by my other sister's peach pandowny. And good heavens do I remember when I had Peach Betty! Decisions, decisions.

Reaction Score
I'm partial to my faves. But this....

This gets my vote for possible new fave. You've perhaps an empty seat tomorrow?
I really can't think of anything better (to eat), but I saw pumpkin creme brûlée on a menu a couple days ago - hmmm.....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sweet potato pie or carrot cake, both of which are going to be on my Thanksgiving table tomorrow. Oh decisions, decisions.....
one of my favorite, neck and neck with Sweet Potato
Carrot-Cake.jpg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Being a New Englander at heart I am almost certain it is Peach cobbler. Except when I am having a peach crisp. Hard to beat a great peach buckle, though. And a peach slump turns me upside down, until my next peach grunt. My sister's peach crumble is only rivalled by my other sister's peach pandowny. And good heavens do I remember when I had Peach Betty! Decisions, decisions.
Man I know a fetish when I see one, and you got it bad for peaches. You wouldn't perhaps live in a peach house with peach colored walls, dress your children in peach with a peach tree in the back yard would you? It's an honest question.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It is not a usual desert, but an "Irish stew" would be nice.

Reaction Score
Can't decide between blueberry pie and cheesecake. Or maybe two fingers of 18 year old Jameson with a dash of water.

Reaction Score
With a large Italian family (both sets of grandparents off the boat) desserts after meals on the holidays are quite a spectacle. And there has to be enough, you see, to feed a small village. Therefore, without question, the Italian pies collection for Easter just have to be my favorite. Wheat pies, rice pies, cream pies, and ricotta pies line the central nave of the dinning tables flanked by 2 dessert dishes per person. That's bc you use one plate for your pie tastings and a second for the other smorgasbord of sweet concoctions hidden among the glorious cherry and latice-topped pies. Mmmmmm I like the ricotta the best:p

Best part is juding who made the best pie for the year as, of course, multiple family members must compete with one another serving their prized selection of pies for the feast.

I've never won:mad:
love ricotta pie

Reaction Score
Pumpkin and apple pie from Take a Cake in Guilford, CT!!!! They only make them once a year!!!!

Reaction Score
Warm apple pie with cheddar cheese.

To the European, a Yankee is an American.
To an American, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To a New Englander, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
To a Vermonter, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.
And to a Vermonter who eats apple pie for breakfast
a Yankee is someone who eats it with a knife.

Reaction Score
To the European, a Yankee is an American.
To an American, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To a New Englander, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
To a Vermonter, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.
And to a Vermonter who eats apple pie for breakfast
a Yankee is someone who eats it with a knife.

LOL!!! I must protest, my wife is a native Vermonter, I am a UVM graduate. For the life of me, I have NEVER seen any Vermonter eat apple pie with a knife!!! Although some Vermonter did tell me that if Vermont was flat out it's bigger than Texas!!!!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
LOL!!! I must protest, my wife is a native Vermonter, I am a UVM graduate. For the life of me, I have NEVER seen any Vermonter eat apple pie with a knife!!! Although some Vermonter did tell me that if Vermont was flat out it's bigger than Texas!!!!

What about apple pie with cheddar cheese? May just be a Canadian thing.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Mrs. Kib served tiramisu ice cream with a trace of chocolate sauce yesterday. Homemade dutch apple pie right with it. Surprised us all. Went over bigly. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What about apple pie with cheddar cheese? May just be a Canadian thing.
I dunno. Sounds real, extra good to this NY-er.

Reaction Score
At family reunions at a camp in VT, we were introduced to apple pie for breakfast with a slab of extra sharp chedder on the side. that is where I first heard the verse above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom