what is wrong with Watchespn? | The Boneyard

what is wrong with Watchespn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So far, every game, including this one, is loaded for replay in such a way that when you watch to the halftime report, the game starts over again, from the beginning, right after halftime. The reply is also full of starts and stops and, although this has not been a problem with this game, most have featured no sound for prolonged periods of time. Is anyone else experiencing this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tom, I have the same problems. I find their performance severely lacking. Though I detest the network, Fox Sports 1 did a much better job.

Reaction Score
Thank you, but it just seems that Watchespn worked reasonably well last year but not now, and a national-=level site should work better than what I'm experiencing.

Reaction Score
It really is freakin' unwatchable. I have yet to see a game all the way through. And it was nothing like this last year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
seems that ESPN isnt serious about this app with all the Disney layoffs going on... not sure if its a technical issue or a manpower issue

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Have you tried watching the next day? I have only watched one of the replays, and had the same issue the night of, but found the next day it was all good.

Reaction Score
Jumpy mouse. Can't move ahead or back. It just jumps and lands wherever it wants to.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
My usual browser is FireFox and for whatever reason it doesn't like WatchESPN for live broadcasts. Takes a while to feed to load and usually have to click once or twice on a question if I want to continue to load the feed. Then I have buffering problems through out the broadcast.

Lately I've started to use Google Chrome for the UConn Game Feed. I have significantly less problems with Chrome.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
No issues for me watching on iPad with watchESPN as downloaded app.

In other words, your results may simply vary by device and delivery mechanism (ISP, app, etc.). Sucks, but it is what it is (as we say in the business world in lieu of anything meaningful).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jumpy mouse. Can't move ahead or back. It just jumps and lands wherever it wants to.

The ESPN folks figured out that viewers could fast-forward through their commercials during replay. Now if you try that it jumps all over the place, all but forcing each viewer to sit through the entire broadcast, commercials and halftime included.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Watching live generally works okay for me. Sometimes the image isn't very sharp but I can still follow the action. I think the issue likely has more to do with how much demand there is for my ISP's services at a given time then with the feed ESPN is offering.

One way or another, living in the midwest far away from where they play, I'm grateful to be able to see the majority of games.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
seems like they're more dedicated to the guys game

I just looked at the site and found something surprising. If you look just at the link being shared in this thread, it would appear that only the first game against Ohio State is available to view.

However, if you hover on the Women's Basketball drop down menu and click on current season, all the games through FSU are there.

Reaction Score
My usual browser is FireFox and for whatever reason it doesn't like WatchESPN for live broadcasts. Takes a while to feed to load and usually have to click once or twice on a question if I want to continue to load the feed. Then I have buffering problems through out the broadcast.

Lately I've started to use Google Chrome for the UConn Game Feed. I have significantly less problems with Chrome.
I use google chrome also and rarely have an issue, except trying to use the scroll bar on the bottom to skip halftime or commercials when watching on replay. That doesn't work well at all.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Stupid mouse.

170px-PinkyandtheBrain.Pinky.png

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
seems like they're more dedicated to the guys game

Not at all! They have every game up from this season, every game from last season, and a ton of old games. It's an awesome site.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
alexrgct said:
No issues for me watching on iPad with watchESPN as downloaded app. In other words, your results may simply vary by device and delivery mechanism (ISP, app, etc.). Sucks, but it is what it is (as we say in the business world in lieu of anything meaningful).

Same here - crisp, jitter-free viewing last night on my iPad mini with the WatchESPN app. Had it propped up on the counter while I was cleaning the kitchen. It took awhile but the Huskies made the time fly by

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I occasionally watch games on WatchESPN but on a television screen via my Apple TV (the current version). Although I remember problems in the past, I haven't noticed any significant problems this season. Just the other day I watched the replay of Tennessee vs. Stanford without any technical problems.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
I purchased an HDMI connector for my iPad - it's nice to able to see the games on a full tv screen.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
So far, every game, including this one, is loaded for replay in such a way that when you watch to the halftime report, the game starts over again, from the beginning, right after halftime. The reply is also full of starts and stops and, although this has not been a problem with this game, most have featured no sound for prolonged periods of time. Is anyone else experiencing this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
I've not had the audio problem much, but yes on all the rest of your post. Irritating. The uconnhuskies site is a much better way to go, if you can wait.

Reaction Score
I will upload the LSU tonight on UConnHuskyGames. Had stuff going on yesterday and couldn't get it up last night

Reaction Score
Tomcat- I have the exact same problem. I thought it was my lack of technical ability but now I know it's ESPN. I'm amazed a company as large as ESPN doesn't have a website that works.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
WatchESPN works fine on my laptop and my Android tablet. I use an XBox1 for my OTA viewing and for Hulu etc...

ESPN does not work well with the XBox1.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
WatchESPN works fine on my laptop and my Android tablet. I use an XBox1 for my OTA viewing and for Hulu etc...

ESPN does not work well with the XBox1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer