What is up with DD!!! | The Boneyard

What is up with DD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Deandre is so inconsistent that it boggles my mind. He lets the other team get in his head too much with their tough defense and plays soft and settles for outside shots. He isn't NBA ready! If he doesn't play well we need SN to go off every game to win. This is a frustrating loss as we could have won it if DD played with more confidence and brought it inside more. This team sorely lacks scoring options. It is SN and RB and sometimes DD. LK and NG our good glue guys but aren't scorers. Next years team will have more scoring options maybe but no SN. This is a very frustrating year with an inconsistent DD and OC disappearing act.

Reaction Score
Bazz had 5 TOs and 1 assist. Think that had an effect?

Reaction Score
Bazz had 5 TOs and 1 assist. Think that had an effect?
SN at least showed effort and tried to score. Dd just settled for open 3's. Sorry too soft for the NBA. Nbdl and Europe sign him up.

Reaction Score
DD played a horrible game. He is nowhere ready for the NBA yet. He has to show a mid range game of he wants to be in the NBA. We had almost no assist today. We went way too much 1 on 1. I thought Boat did a good job attacking in the second half. I wish we stayed with that when our shots weren't falling.

Reaction Score
DD played a horrible game. He is nowhere ready for the NBA yet. He has to show a mid range game of he wants to be in the NBA. We had almost no assist today. We went way too much 1 on 1. I thought Boat did a good job attacking in the second half. I wish we stayed with that when our shots weren't falling.
Its like DD has regressed. He certainly should not make himself available for the NBA draft. He is not going in the first round. If he goes afterward and does not make a roster, his only recourse is the NDBL. He is much better off staying another year, and hopefully achieving real gains in his game under KO----where there is real coaching.

Reaction Score
Deandre is so inconsistent that it boggles my mind. He lets the other team get in his head too much with their tough defense and plays soft and settles for outside shots. He isn't NBA ready! If he doesn't play well we need SN to go off every game to win. This is a frustrating loss as we could have won it if DD played with more confidence and brought it inside more. This team sorely lacks scoring options. It is SN and RB and sometimes DD. LK and NG our good glue guys but aren't scorers. Next years team will have more scoring options maybe but no SN. This is a very frustrating year with an inconsistent DD and OC disappearing act.
SN and RB at least mostly made errors of Commission. Deandre, on the other hand, was invisible the entire game. They harassed the hell out of our guards, needed someone besides Neil, who we all realize is limited, to step up. If DD is supposed to be NBA-ready, it had to fall on him. And he was basically invisible the entire game. Without Kromah being able to step up, this was basically an unwinnable game unless Bazz/Boat went off, which obviously didn't happen.

Reaction Score
DD is only disappointing to those who had him high on a pedestal. He has always been a 4 year player and progressing as such. He never was an AA, or an All Conference player (pre or post season) to date.

Its time to just wait and see what happens next year and take whatever we can get out of him this season. Lesson learned from placing high expectations (say hello to Nolan people) or abusing the 'potential' label.

Just leave him alone for he, Nolan and Omar have more work to do, next year.

Reaction Score
Has everyone forgotten that he is coming off a high ankle sprain and back issues? before the injuries he was playing great and knocking down threes at a very high rate. I think it's going to take him a few more games to get back into rhythm and he'll be ok. Just a tough day for him not to perform well. That first of two threes he missed at the end of that game were huge. The first one would have put us down by 2. Instead SMU came back and knocked down a three of their own stretching to lead out to 8. That 6 points swing was the final nail in the coffin.

Reaction Score
The kid seriously lacks strength. I don't know what the weight training program was but it didn't work, he has trouble not because of skill but power. Can't believe he would be on a draft board.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Has everyone forgotten that he is coming off a high ankle sprain and back issues? before the injuries he was playing great and knocking down threes at a very high rate. I think it's going to take him a few more games to get back into rhythm and he'll be ok. Just a tough day for him not to perform well. That first of two threes he missed at the end of that game were huge. The first one would have put us down by 2. Instead SMU came back and knocked down a three of their own stretching to lead out to 8. That 6 points swing was the final nail in the coffin.
No they haven't forgotten. And he resprained it again a couple of games ago. It's going to be a recurring injury most likely. It was going to be difficult for him to score in the interior because SMU packed in the defense outside of the guard play. They were daring our guys to take and make the three. DD could have helped the team in a big way if he could have made his wide open 3 point shots. He didn't and neither did NG and LK.

Reaction Score
DD: disssapointed, disappeared, digrest, descended, disengaged

Reaction Score
DD only shows up when he knows he has a mismatch in his favor but when he goes against someone who can keep up with him its like he's scared and hides and I dont see this changing anytime soon. next year squad is going be more talented players going be hungry for playing time boat and dd if they stay are going get pushed by the new guys and out of the 2 i see boat push back while dd just fades

Reaction Score
Minor injuries. Rip played with 2 screws in his foot and was our best player.

Reaction Score
He's really not at 100%. His dad was sitting a few rows in front of me against Memphis (where DD's defense was a key to end the game) and I heard him saying the ankle and back have been bugging him. Anyone who has had either of these injuries knows what they can do to the psyche and physical ability.

He is a key to this team's ability to go somewhere in the tournament.

Reaction Score
We've seen this kind of player before, there seems to be one with us every few years. Guys who are clearly better than they play, and we don't seem to know why it just doesn't get through to them. (Stanley, Oriakhi most recently in his last year as a Husky.) Daniels has been this way all season and I for one have become sick of it. If he doesn't have 8 points within the first 10 minutes of the game, sit him because he has yet again disappeared for that game. The guy is as see through as a glass of water. You can tell immediately when he won't be doing jack that game. Great, he rebounds for us sometimes, but this guy was supposed to be our second scoring option to Napier. So when Napier wasn't playing so hot (i.e. today) we'd have another chance for a guy to put up big numbers. This guy is 5-27 in our last 4 games against ranked opponents, counting SMU as one today. (He didn't even play against Cincy.) This should be a HUGE concern come tourney time that if Napier has an off game, Daniels won't be there to help us out. The guy needs to figure something out these last few games- or else we could be in some real trouble.

Reaction Score
He's really not at 100%. His dad was sitting a few rows in front of me against Memphis (where DD's defense was a key to end the game) and I heard him saying the ankle and back have been bugging him. Anyone who has had either of these injuries knows what they can do to the psyche and physical ability.

He is a key to this team's ability to go somewhere in the tournament.

I get what you saying but if his ankle is bothering him how is it going get better if hes jumping around? If his back is bothering him chill rest get better, being on the floor like this is like him not even suit up.

Reaction Score
I get that he is injured and respect him for trying to go for the team. If that is the case we have to live with the lesser results because not playing him for 3 weeks is not an option and who is on the bench that can give more? Bazz actually seemed injured today and did not pull up for jump shots as usual.

Reaction Score
I get that he is injured and respect him for trying to go for the team. If that is the case we have to live with the lesser results because not playing him for 3 weeks is not an option and who is on the bench that can give more? Bazz actually seemed injured today and did not pull up for jump shots as usual.

DD didn't play against Cincy and Bazz had one of his worst game yet we had them on the ropes, so if having DD on the floor and not show up is pretty much as not having him on the floor at all.

Reaction Score
I think OC is the biggest disappointment this year. the kid has talent he is no scrub he can ball but he has been terrible! no progress whatsoever. i thought the kid would be a stud this year but he has been terrible.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
DD: disssapointed, disappeared, digrest, descended, disengaged

One of my favorite features of The Boneyard: a sharply-delivered, all-complaint post with its own glaring error on display (and, no, it's not the 3rd "s" or the single "p" in disappointment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom