What is UConn's TV rights worth to the Big 12? | The Boneyard

What is UConn's TV rights worth to the Big 12?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Only 2 of the P5 are in the Northeast. UConn is the Big 12's ticket to the Northeast, and all things considered, the best ticket based on past success and future potential. WVU is no longer on an island with Cincy joining and UConn brings an additional presence in the Eastern Time Zone. Coming to the northeast could also offer Big 12 programs other OOC scheduling opportunities in this area - football, NYC hoops - (I'm just spit-balling but I think it makes sense). So I think the value of UConn is much higher than just looking at it in traditional terms.
Now you've done it, reignited the great "what constitutes the northeast" debate of 2023. Smooth move Potsie.

Reaction Score

-> The Road Show will commence on Tuesday, June 20 at Kinsmen Brewing Company in Southington, Connecticut. The panel of Husky coaches will feature Men's Basketball Head Coach Dan Hurley, Head Football Coach Jim Mora, Director of Track & Field and Cross-Country Beth Alford-Sullivan, Women's Ice Hockey Head Coach Chris MacKenzie and Women's Basketball Associate Head Coach Chris Dailey.

The Road Show will then visit Stony Creek Brewery in Branford, Connecticut on Wednesday, June 28 and feature a coaches panel with Head Women's Basketball Coach Geno Auriemma, Head Baseball Coach Jim Penders, Director of Track & Field and Cross-Country Beth Alford-Sullivan, and Head Men's Soccer Coach Chris Gbandi. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom