What Is The Situation In The Hartford Area? | The Boneyard

What Is The Situation In The Hartford Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just checked the CPL Outage map and it is not pretty. I thought my New Hampshire was hit hard, but it looks like your Conn. was hammered. I have called a few hotels, no answer so I am guessing it is a bad scene. IF anybody in the area has power and internet, what are you seeing? The news feeds are pretty generic. Mother Nature has been a real bi#@! lately. I feel for all the folks without service, we lucked out this time, 50% of our town lost power, we were the better half this time. Is the game time/date in jeopardy as a result? It would seem like this is worse situation than Fordham week, which resulted in postponement.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Local news was saying hotels are booked to the gills, there might be a few openings on the weekend (business travellers going back home) but given the power outages I would think folks would still be filling up the hotels. Some have no power. Here's a Hartford Courant story on the lodgings situation.

Packing For Packed Hotels, Some Without Hot Water

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Make sure you fill your tank as close to the stadium as you can. Still huge lines at gas stations near The Rent. Main roads are fine, though there are still many traffic light out of service. I think the game will still be played but it will just luck if you can find a place to stay. Hotels that are open are booked solid. Our house is packed with 4 generations of inlaws and a hamster.

Reaction Score
I work at a hotel, we're completely sold out through Monday. CL&P are taking any room we can give them, apparently they have some people sleeping in their trucks...

Reaction Score
Trying to find gas in the trouble areas is like trying to get water in the desert. You have to know which stations are open before trekking out searching for it and burning gas in the process. Finally got some in Hartford today.

Reaction Score
I live in Glastonbury (10 minutes from the Rent), and have been living in a hotel in Cromwell. Just checked with the front counter to see if there were any rooms and they said they were booked through Monday. Just went back to my condo to pick up some clothes from work, and it is an absolute ghost town. Almost every store closed, traffic lights out, no one around. I thought I was being overly cautious by booking my room through Friday. Now I realize I should have booked it longer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I found a room in Niantic and have been driving back and forth to Hartford. Wasn't staying home with a 2 year old after just doing this for 8 days 2 months ago.

Reaction Score
I live in Glastonbury (10 minutes from the Rent), and have been living in a hotel in Cromwell. Just checked with the front counter to see if there were any rooms and they said they were booked through Monday. Just went back to my condo to pick up some clothes from work, and it is an absolute ghost town. Almost every store closed, traffic lights out, no one around. I thought I was being overly cautious by booking my room through Friday. Now I realize I should have booked it longer.

Thought the same thing when I went to my condo to check if we had power. I knew we had no power from the amount of cars in the lot. I don't even think we have that few people home on Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom