What is the reality of the UCONN program right now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is the reality of the UCONN program right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I have no idea how this season is going to turn out nor what the future holds for the UConn men's basketball program. But in my opinion, the current team most mirrors Ollie's 2014 NC team with Jalen being like Shabazz, Gilbert like Boatright and Larrier like Daniels. Also, we got an A10 double digit scoring transfer in Anderson like Kromah. We also got a tough glue guy like Vital who can shoot the three like Griffey. I understand the teams aren't identical as far as personnel and maybe even talent but it's the closest Ollie has had to his best team. Let's hope for the same results.
Giffey was also 6'7" and could guard anyone.

Reaction Score
Sure the guy who played 3.5 games is Ryan Boatright. You can't even tell them apart without a program.

Happy now?

I see you're a long time poster...I don't care. Gilbert is more talented than Boatright and I love Ryan Boatright. If you only saw Gilbert play the 3.5 games this past season go watch his 86 mixtapes on YouTube. If you're still not convinced you'll just have to wait for the season.

Reaction Score
I see you're a long time poster...I don't care. Gilbert is more talented than Boatright and I love Ryan Boatright. If you only saw Gilbert play the 3.5 games this past season go watch his 86 mixtapes on YouTube. If you're still not convinced you'll just have to wait for the season.
you're falling into the trap that a lot of people make where you say something very stupid and instead of admitting you're wrong, you double down. the fact that you are banking on Gilbert being better than a junior year Ryan Boatright is ridiculous and embarrassing and apparently it's a hill you're willing to die on.

Reaction Score
you're falling into the trap that a lot of people make where you say something very stupid and instead of admitting you're wrong, you double down. the fact that you are banking on Gilbert being better than a junior year Ryan Boatright is ridiculous and embarrassing and apparently it's a hill you're willing to die on.[\QUOTE]

Lol I'm having fun going back and forth with some tools on a fan message board it's all good

Reaction Score
Definitely would have been amazed by Ater Majok abusing those chairs.

Reaction Score
Definitely would have been amazed by Ater Majok abusing those chairs.

Your avatar and screen name give hints about the dope you are but then your posts spell it out.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
lol.

So you are expecting Jalen to play like Shabazz (the best guard in the country?) Alterique who hasn't played a lick of D1 to play like a junior year Boat? Larrier who hasn't played in 2 seasons to play like a junior year Daniels? Who is your Giffey clone? Once you take into account this team has no experience playing together while 2014 had a ton of experience playing together, the comparison looks sillier.

Superjohn, your anger is palpable.
Your point has merit. But your anger.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Every time with you guys.
Insult, attack and maintain a superior
attitude.
Some poor guy posts an optimistic hope for this team and you all act like you've been raped.
Let's try letting other people give opinions . You can disagree. Just don't attack. And you can give your opinion. Just don't act like it's from God.

Reaction Score
Every time with you guys.
Insult, attack and maintain a superior
attitude.
Some poor guy posts an optimistic hope for this team and you all act like you've been raped.
Let's try letting other people give opinions . You can disagree. Just don't attack. And you can give your opinion. Just don't act like it's from God.

the first personal attack was from your "poor guy" poster.

Reaction Score
yeah the boatright Gilbert comp is a bit off, but Adams is definitely a player with all american potential. Plus the whole "bigs by commitee" situation is comparable to the 2014 front court.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Edit to add: this was meant as a reply to J Mick

Not by me.
S. John and JS M flamed him with their only my opinion matters style which he then reacted too

Not sure why JSM is so sure Cobb and the guy from Columbia won't get the most time either. They have more experience than Olander and Brimah did. But he sounds sure and insulting which is my point.

Listen, I'm sure you are all good fans and knowledgeable about basketball. I just think a little humility, all around would make this a better experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom