What is the difference | The Boneyard

What is the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Between how Bob expresses himself compared to Greg Schiano?

Reaction Score
Bob will not clear cut preservation land. Oh yeah, he also has results. And does not have a a helicopter. Oh and his players love him

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
what does that have to do with either of their delivery?

Reaction Score
I would say it's the difference between the three tenors and these three guys:

url

Reaction Score
Diaco has accomplished something. I missed the awards Shady won for his accomplishments.

Diaco didn't say we would win national championships.

Not sure why you would even compare them. No reason to stir the pot today.

Edit: He did win these "big time" coach of the year awards after his one big win.

Home Depot Coach of the Year award and the inaugural Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award.

Reaction Score
Diaco sounds like he will sell UConn at every moment. Its what Schiano did for RU and it had obvious benefits. I want to see what this approach could do for recruiting at UConn. Just wish we were in a P5 conference to see his best sales job, but who knows we may be at right place, at the right time, with the right guy.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Diaco sounds like he will sell UConn at every moment. Its what Schiano did for RU and it had obvious benefits. I want to see what this approach could do for recruiting at UConn. Just wish we were in a P5 conference to see his best sales job, but who knows we may be at right place, at the right time, with the right guy.

This. I see a lot of a Schiano salesman type like approach (which many here continue to belittle him for) in Bob. He does seem very genuine, but after the presser and seeing everyone's reaction here it just seems like we're easy marks. The one thing that really stood out to me was the player's reactions to him leaving ND.

Reaction Score

Noey..I agree..Maybe right place, right time for everybody, right guy - FINALLY- hoping for a good journey and great ride with HCBD ....

Reaction Score
He's all in to the point of making you look into the mirror to see if you measure up. You may have graduated 40 years ago and he hasn't even finished his first pot of coffee. On second thought I wouldn't give him any more coffee.

Reaction Score
This. I see a lot of a Schiano salesman type like approach (which many here continue to belittle him for) in Bob. He does seem very genuine, but after the presser and seeing everyone's reaction here it just seems like we're easy marks. The one thing that really stood out to me was the player's reactions to him leaving ND.

What are you trying to get @... ?

Reaction Score
This. I see a lot of a Schiano salesman type like approach (which many here continue to belittle him for) in Bob. He does seem very genuine, but after the presser and seeing everyone's reaction here it just seems like we're easy marks. The one thing that really took out to me was the player's reactions to him leaving ND.

I don't think we're easy marks...I think many of us recognize that sales and marketing puts the meat on the table. Eneough is enough with safe and secure bean counter type choices (Hathaway)...no more...
Warde....you delivered.....thank you / thank you / thank you .

Reaction Score
I actually watched a few Schiano, RU press conferences on SNY, and when you distanced him from the bluster of winning multiple national championships at RU, he was an impressive communicator. Much better than our guy at the time, and you could see how that would be advantageous recruiting wise.

Diaco makes you want to bleedblue.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I don't buy all of the sales talk / hype just because that isn't my style and it would turn me off but the good news is that I'm not an athlete looking to play high-level college football. I think the proof is in his recruiting record at ND and the reactions of the players to his departure.

I also like that he was a self-described football player who had great accolades without the football body (too slow, too small, too weak). Sounds a lot like Weist making it on to Alabama as a walk-on. While they have very different delivery styles, I think he and Weist would get along pretty well if Weist is able to swallow his pride and work for a guy several years his junior.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Why do you have to question everything. My guess is you like attention and this is the easiest way to get it.

THC

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see HCBD in his Husky blue helicopter.

Reaction Score
Diaco did lay it on a little thick for my taste at a few points in the presser. He's got to relax and tone it down just a bit, IMO. He seemed to be always trying for the "home run" answer. When asked how long he'd had his sights set on the UConn HC job, for example, "always" was just a silly response.

I liked 90% of what he had to say, and I'll write the rest off as exuberance at getting the job. The good news is, the guy clearly has a pulse. And I'd rather he be trying to do too much rather than too little. I have to think that as he settles in as HC he'll become a lot more comfortable with the role and a lot of this will just get ironed out on its own.

Reaction Score
Diaco did lay it on a little thick for my taste at a few points in the presser. He's got to relax and tone it down just a bit, IMO. He seemed to be always trying for the "home run" answer. When asked how long he'd had his sights set on the UConn HC job, for example, "always" was just a silly response.

I liked 90% of what he had to say, and I'll write the rest off as exuberance at getting the job. The good news is, the guy clearly has a pulse. And I'd rather he be trying to do too much rather than too little. I have to think that as he settles in as HC he'll become a lot more comfortable with the role and a lot of this will just get ironed out on its own.

I agree with this. He had a great presser, but the comment about how long he's been looking at the UConn job and the one about the talent in the northeast looked kinda ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't want him to tone it down at all. We New Englanders are way to stoic and frozen. We asked for passion and youth an we got it. Let him be who he is. I love it!

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't want him to tone it down at all. We New Englanders are way to stoic and frozen. We asked for passion and youth an we got it. Let him be who he is. I love it!
Can't like or agree more. We finally have someone that is going to sell our program with GREAT enthusiasm. This is exactly what we need. No idea how he turns out as a coach, but as so right now I could not be happier. Reminds me a little of John Gruden ( delivery style, enthusiasm ). I actually do understand a few people who consider he laid it on thick, but I for one will take that any day over what we have had in the past.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Bob alluded to building players up yesterday versus cussing them out. Schiano, well, is a dck.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. He had a great presser, but the comment about how long he's been looking at the UConn job and the one about the talent in the northeast looked kinda ridiculous.

I heard it as he was looking for a head coaching job all his life and he did mention the northeast corridor as recruiting hotbed. Everybody hears things differently.

With minimal sleep over 3 days and giving a speech on the fly things aren't always clearly spoken. If you asked him directly today if he meant he was looking at the UConn HC position all his life I am sure he would say no and clarify it.

The best coaches on the planet in college football can sell Cadillacs to Chevy car dealerships. He has the gift. He has the X's and O's. He may just be the whole package.

Some people in life like to look for positives in situations. Some people in life live to find fault. I chose the positive. It is much more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom