What is the best UConn basketball game of all time? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What is the best UConn basketball game of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nobody puts UConn/Princeton, Perno steals the ball, on the list?

Reaction Score
Us vs. that year's UK team for the title would have been amazing.

Ricky's shoulder injury absolutely killed us, but we got our bit of turnabout with Niang's injury in '14. I think we'd have lost to Iowa State if he was fit.

After watching Niang completely implode in the NCAA tournament last year, I'm not so sure he was stopping that Uconn train in 2014. Nonetheless, it was a huge break,

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No. 1 is easy

Here's two that should be real high on the list
L'ville 2011-5 games in 5 days is something likely no one will ever see again.
MSU-2014- Seemingly every analyst picked MSU to win the title, and wrote off UConn, including Chuck Barkley at halftime. I didn't expect them to win this game. There was something special about that game, at the Garden.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
My favorite moment:

At Pitt after UConn wins, KEA jumps on the table and faces the Pitt fans.

KEA had a stronger will than anyone ever at UConn.

Dam... IDK lol. Kemba and Shabazz have that same will... And had less talent around them

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nobody puts UConn/Princeton, Perno steals the ball, on the list?

Would have ranked higher if they didn't lose by 47 in the next game.

Reaction Score
Would have ranked higher if they didn't lose by 47 in the next game.
Beating Holy Cross in the early fifities (1953)when they were a national power signalled the arrival of UConn as a player at the top levels of their region as well as making UConn the states favorite team. These were big factors for our inclusion in the Big East . Without Hugh Greer and his team's nothing that came after was possible.

Reaction Score
I cried tears of joy when UConn beat hated Duke to win their first national title and I almost cut off a couple fingers on a ceiling fan jumping for joy when Tate hit "The Shot" but beating Kentucky by one point to go the the national championship after the most historic run in Big East Tournamemt history might be the most exciting for me. So much emotion in March of 2011. Such an improbable win streak, beating 4 ranked teams at the Big East Tourney in 4 days and 5 wins in 5 days. Then the run in the big dance and a one point thriller vs Kentucky. That has to be right up there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I cried tears of joy when UConn beat hated Duke to win their first national title and I almost cut off a couple fingers on a ceiling fan jumping for joy when Tate hit "The Shot" but beating Kentucky by one point to go the the national championship after the most historic run in Big East Tournamemt history might be the most exciting for me. So much emotion in March of 2011. Such an improbable win streak, beating 4 ranked teams at the Big East Tourney in 4 days and 5 wins in 5 days. Then the run in the big dance and a one point thriller vs Kentucky. That has to be right up there.
That was a one point game in final score only. The same can be said abut our win over Duke in '04.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom