what is the best place to park at the XL center | The Boneyard

what is the best place to park at the XL center

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Welcome!

I recommend the lot on Trumbull Street near Salute Restaurant and Bushnell Park. It is just south of Pearl Street.

You can take a left out of the lot and go around the south side of the Park and pick up 84 West by the State Capitol.

There are times when it takes a while to get out of the lot but I haven`t had a problem this year. I would hustle over there after the game, though.

I think they charge $10. If that is too pricey, I`ll defer to others for options.

Reaction Score
Only for those who can walk a half mile each way: on nights and weekends there are idle unlocked fenced lots used on business days by court employees. Lots are off West St south of Capitol Ave. The walk to XL is pleasant, down to and through Bushnell Park then north on Trumbull St. It satisfies my grandfather's four rules for parking. In priority order: parking must be safe, legal, convenient, and free. Exit onto Capitol Ave west toward Sigourney St entry to I-84 W

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
up anywhere behind the XL Center... southwest corner Asylum and Ann area

Reaction Score
Agree. The Saints lot located at Ann and Church is prime and the best choice.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Under the skyway across the street from CityPlace. You'll be towed, but that is the best place.

Reaction Score
If the weather is decent, I park across the street from the south side of Bushnell Park, almost directly across from where the skating park is or where the Pump House Restaurant was. It is a pay lot during the day, but no charge at night, after 5:00p.m. or so. Drive up to and around the Capitol to pick up 84. Walk to XL is easy, 5-6 min. Go across park, up hill, and viola!

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
When I was in CT and getting season tickets, I parked on-street on Elm St, which borders the south side of Bushnell park. Getting back out to I-91 is a cinch from there. No cost. Cut through Bushnell by the Lily Pond to get to XL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We park in the lot across main from DD Park. It's only $5. Drive to the back corner and it's just a short walk to the back entrance. Quick access to the 84W ramp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom