What is it with our propensity to quickly blow 8-10 point leads?? | The Boneyard

What is it with our propensity to quickly blow 8-10 point leads??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand ever team has runs, but we work so hard o get god leads, and let them evaporate very quickly. Have to make the otherteam work harder!!!

Reaction Score
Well when every basket for Memphis is a layup by Johnson. Defense has been horrible.

Reaction Score
Memphis looks like they took hits of cocaine before the game and Uconn is playing like they just woke up. KO needs to substitute better too Johnson from Memphis had gotten 2 quick fouls and look at his points and he's still in the game, Then Brimah get's one foul and he's on the bench.

Reaction Score
8 to 10 is nothing in and up and down game
Against Cinn it should have been game over

Reaction Score
on the bright side, Memphis is very good. When this was happening against Maryland and BU it was a much bigger problem. This team has definitely gotten better since then.

Reaction Score
They have struggled with that, but it's not that unusual for many teams to let their opponent have a run on them. Though UConn does seem to let that happen a lot. They seem to lose some intensity at bad times, in a way that seems avoidable Most times they bounce back though, like today.

Reaction Score
If you're looking for a pimple on a beautiful model it ain't called Memphis.

8 point lead on a top 20 team is never safe. I will add we are not that great, and have to play hard each game to win against top opponents.

Reaction Score
That 8-0 memphis near the end of regulation was spurred in part by an adjustment in their offensive set. They were taking Goodwin and his defender (usually Nolan) away from basket leaving lots of open space inside for cutters and drivers. Like the play where Boatright got beat off the dribble and Giffey was left in the middle to choose who to defend.

Reaction Score
Well when every basket for Memphis is a layup by Johnson. Defense has been horrible.

If you DVR'd the game look around the 9:30 mark when it looks like a tailback tucking the ball away driving to the hoop. Only problem is he traveled and it wasn't called. Plays like that tend to evaporate leads at the same time as guys are getting hit on the other end with no call. We're partly to blame but give Memphis credit too. They answered.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So much to be happy about in this game: DD hanging tough after bashing his head, great team play, another step forward for Nolan, Bazz, etc.
Their ability to run right by us in transition, however, really surprised me. Everybody sticking a hand toward the ball carrier and not getting in front of them. Jackson was impressive this time around!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So much to be happy about in this game: DD hanging tough after bashing his head, great team play, another step forward for Nolan, Bazz, etc.
Their ability to run right by us in transition, however, really surprised me. Everybody sticking a hand toward the ball carrier and not getting in front of them. Jackson was impressive this time around!
Jackson is a Naismith finalist and quick as a rabbit up and down the court. He is so quick that he tends to travel in the college game and its not caught. Won't have to worry about that at the next level. When someone throws 3 quick guards at you, any team is in trouble defensively-its a tough matchup.

Reaction Score
I have just accepted it as the Uconn way lol, there is no explanation because its not supposed to make sense.

Reaction Score
I understand ever team has runs, but we work so hard o get god leads, and let them evaporate very quickly. Have to make the otherteam work harder!!![/quote

I was at the game today. The building was absolutely ELECTRIC!!! I was almost totally stunned when I saw the stats afterwards. And I daresay, I think that most of the fans there would have the same reaction. It was a spectacular event; and, yes, I was grumbling a bit about leads given up< just ask my daughter ;-) >.

HOWEVER,
to be the slightest bit preoccupied with that would truly demean the event. And that is sincerely not intended to insult this discussion. The game was just that good and our Huskies were just that relentless(translation: getting lost leads back). I am really going to enjoy this experience for a long time; and I've chosen to let the coaching staff rub the players noses in the stat sheet at practice over the next few days(without taking away even a little bit from this great victory).

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE OWLS!!!
555.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members