What is going on?! | The Boneyard

What is going on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I'm watching this game, and I am finding myself feeling very sad for the players.. Why isn't this game sold out?! Why are there SO many empty seats? It's #4 vs #5! When UConn played Tennessee in 2005 (? D's half time half court bomb) that game was sold out nearly as soon as those tickets went on sale. I feel bad that the current players don't get to experience that old, amazing atmosphere that Shea, Sue and Diana got to play in.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
We need you back, Kait... A real cheerleader...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, Kait, as of today it was #2 vs #3. ND and TN dropped today.

Reaction Score
I'm watching this game, and I am finding myself feeling very sad for the players.. Why isn't this game sold out?! Why are there SO many empty seats? It's #4 vs #5! When UConn played Tennessee in 2005 (? D's half time half court bomb) that game was sold out nearly as soon as those tickets went on sale. I feel bad that the current players don't get to experience that old, amazing atmosphere that Shea, Sue and Diana got to play in.

That game was in 2003.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Kait, I was there and I bet it was at least 14K. And a very loud crowd.

Attendance and fan participation is the last thing that needs to be complained about tonight.

Reaction Score
I was at the game, and the atmosphere was, in fact, amazing. It might not have been a sellout, but it was as close to one as I have seen in a good many years. Crowd was big time into it, and while I am not a fan of the DJ, in the second half he really did keep the fans engaged. CD mentioned on the post game that the crowd was fantastic and it felt like games of old.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
That game was in 2003.

Wow.. It's been too long lol.. School gets out Wednesday I believe.. Even still, it was in Hartford. And it's not the students, they were there. It's all of the other seats.. Just really disappointed for the girls

ETA:
Well it's good to hear that it was a good atmosphere.. I was just seriously shocked seeing all of the empty, up close seats.. Just not used to seeing that I guess

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Looked like attendance was about 13K from what I saw.

The crowd was great - loud and noisy all night. I liked the DJ. Kept everybody in the game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think official attendance was almost 14K. That's a good crowd for a mid week game at this time of year.

No matter how much people want a Stanford rivalry to replace the UConn/UTenn matches it just isn't going to happen.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
As reported in the game write-up on the Stanford site: "The Huskies, who last lost at home in the 2007 Big East championship game, wouldn't let that one end spurred on by the 13,771 fans, which included UConn great Sue Bird."

Reaction Score
School is out all week. Not many students at the football game this past saturday either and do not expect to be any better this week against Rutgers. I was at the game and the crowd was great and Tickets were only $10.00 for tonights game but in this economy it is going to be tough to sell out no matter how much tickets cost except maybe for Tenn.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who cares... geesh how long is this attendance stuff going to be talked about.

BTW I wasnt at the game and I live 5 minutes away...

Reaction Score
some people have season tickets but just don't show up to games thats the case sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom