what is going on? USF 52 Temple 10 | The Boneyard

what is going on? USF 52 Temple 10

Reaction Score
with 3:52 to go in 2nd quarter. Does the whole Temple team have the flu?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
58-16 at the half. Sounds like everything is finally clicking in a game for USF, and nothing is clicking for Temple. I keep hoping Tonya will be able to get some recruits and coach her team to the top of the American, but it's looking less and less likely. Not every former UCONN player/assistant succeeds as a head coach (a-la Elliott)...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
USF dropped 13 threes on Temple. Tsinike has 21 in the first half.
It was a fun game to watch. Jose is using different starting lineups lately. Today’s lineup click really well.

Reaction Score
USF dropped 13 threes on Temple. Tsinike has 21 in the first half.
It was a fun game to watch. Jose is using different starting lineups lately. Today’s lineup click really well.

better they do it against Temple then UConn!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
better they do it against Temple then UConn!!

Talking with a few fans during the 3rd & 4th quarters and they were giddy over the possibility of beating Uconn. They are aware of UConn's struggles this season. I was agreeing with some of what they were saying and making my own points.

I think they forgot, even though we are season ticket holders, that the wife and I are from Connecticut and still avid UConn fans. And of course we do wear our USF polo shirts every game. I said there is no way USF is going to drop 13 threes on Uconn. I did, very nicely, remind them we are UConn fans and next Sunday we will be wearing our UConn garb, including our UConn sox!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Barring injuries, USF has recently almost always been a fixture in the top 25. Hoping Jose gets back to the top of the American once UCONN is gone. I wouldn't mind continuing a home/home with them - I think it would be good for our RPI, and Geno and Jose are buds...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Barring injuries, USF has recently almost always been a fixture in the top 25. Hoping Jose gets back to the top of the American once UCONN is gone. I wouldn't mind continuing a home/home with them - I think it would be good for our RPI, and Geno and Jose are buds...
This year they've had a few injuries, but I seriously don't think they would've been an NCAA tournament team even with a fully healthy roster. It turns out the win over a highly dysfunctional Texas in the season opener was their highlight of the season. Today's blowout of Temple was really an outlier for them.

For most of UConn's tenure in the AAC, USF helped UConn out quite a bit by having another NCAA-caliber team in the league. UCF was able to fill the void somewhat for last year, but this year the AAC devolved to a one-bid league ... and such it shall remain, it seems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom