What Is A Foul? | The Boneyard

What Is A Foul?

Reaction Score
So I'm rewatching the game and saw Gaffney's foul on the DePaul 3 point shot left corner. No contact until the shot was done and he contacted his non shooting arm after the shooter landed. Is that a foul?
Because in the lane shooters are getting hammered on both rebounding and shooting chances, no fouls many times. The shooter behind the 3 point line is sacred? I don't get this.

Reaction Score
If you meant Polley's foul, which they replayed multiple times... yeah, it was a foul. As much as he tried to avoid contact, he wasn't successful.

And I agree that a lot of fouls went uncalled.

Reaction Score
If you meant Polley's foul, which they replayed multiple times... yeah, it was a foul. As much as he tried to avoid contact, he wasn't successful.

And I agree that a lot of fouls went uncalled.

Geez I never saw a foul I saw legs from the shooter where they wouldn’t be if they weren’t trying to get some contact. Could’ve missed it but tried to find a foul, Brian Butch said a bunch of mumbo jumbo of course lol

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Gaffney. No contact whatsoever on the shot itself.

Reaction Score
Geez I never saw a foul I saw legs from the shooter where they wouldn’t be if they weren’t trying to get some contact. Could’ve missed it but tried to find a foul, Brian Butch said a bunch of mumbo jumbo of course lol
It was a stupid play by someone who should have known better.

Reaction Score
It was a stupid play by someone who should have known better.
It was Polley, I rewound. 9:36 As they came down well after the shot was released he brushed his arm trying to get out of the way. Nothing. In the meantime guys in the lane rebounding and putting back are getting assaulted. Makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
It all depends on the ref. Some refs let guys start to box out a shooter before he hits the ground. Others blow the whistle if you breathe on them to hard. Consistency would be a great thing for college basketball, but it hard to get even one crew at the NCAA level that is consistent as a team.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
A "foul" in college bb is something the out of position ref calls while the ref with a good view of the play doesn't see one. Right?
This seems like it happens 5 times per game. It’s starting to get insane, honestly.

The ref at half court thinks he has a better view on a block / foul in the paint than the ref right under the basket? Unlikely!

Reaction Score
This seems like it happens 5 times per game. It’s starting to get insane, honestly.

The ref at half court thinks he has a better view on a block / foul in the paint than the ref right under the basket? Unlikely!
Whaley would be leading the league in blocks if the refs eliminated anticipation calls

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think the block/charge calls are all screwed up. RJ drew two charges last night, and had one blocking call. But as it happened, and then after a number of replays of each, it was his 2nd one that could/should have been called a block, but definitely not his third one, which is the one they did call it on. Makeup call?
I thought the blocking foul on Martin was much more egregious. it was not even close to being blocking. But the guy didn't make either foul shot, so other than taking some of the fire out of Tyrese, no harm. Ball don't lie.

Reaction Score
I saw the guys arm come down on Polley, not Polley touch the guy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom