What if the STREAK never ends? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What if the STREAK never ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Why not? Possessive case, as in that's queen's song?

Since you persist, you deserve an explanation.

Possessive case is correct when you state Queen's song or, better yet, "Queen's version of 'We will, we will rock you!'"

But Queen's followed immediately by a colon (Queen's: "We will, we will rock you!") is simply not correct. Sorry.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Since you persist, you deserve an explanation.

Possessive case is correct when you state Queen's song or, better yet, "Queen's version of 'We will, we will rock you!'"

But Queen's followed immediately by a colon (Queen's: "We will, we will rock you!") is simply not correct. Sorry.
But.. But...my original post did not include a colon, still not correct?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
But.. But...my original post did not include a colon, still not correct?

Hmm. Grammatically acceptable but a bit awkward. I'll meet you in the middle with this:

Queen's rendition of "We Will, We Will Rock You!"

This indicates just what Queen has ownership of: rendition of the piece of music. I used initial caps for the song title and placed the quotation marks with precision. I hope we can agree that this will do the job.;)

Reaction Score
Smart post, FF. The issues at the start of the season persist: inexperience, size, depth. The ladies have dealt decisively with the first two, but they cannot afford to lose a single one of the Core Four. Depth will be the prevailing issue no matter what the team's success. I hold my breath every time Lou, Napheesa, Gabby, or Kia get bounced around too much. All have had various nicks and bumps in the past. Let's hope.
I would prefer to delete this line of comments. Superstitious? Maybe but don't like to invest energy in these type of thoughts so early in season. Not sure why but my Texas provider now includes SNY so I am enjoying all the games. That being said, per the above comments, so much could still happen.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What if the STREAK never ends
Careful people, let's not too far ahead of ourselves. Remember what happened with Tony's 195-0 prediction. We lost the #1 recruit and 7 games in that time frame. (just think how many bad things can happen in "never ends" time frame).

If, IF, we can get past Kansas St., then we can start to think about Ohio St. Two trap games in a row. The Ohio St game comes after Finals. Luckily it's at home though.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If the streak never ends at the college level then UCONN is forced to play in the WNBA or against Team USA so that they MAY have a chance at losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom