What if Jurich used bribes to get ACC votes? | The Boneyard

What if Jurich used bribes to get ACC votes?

Reaction Score
He didn't need to. He was competing against a rock. Oops I mean rock star who was more interested in sitting by the pool with a drink with one of those little umbrellas and a bunch of tropical fruit.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He didn't need to. He was competing against a rock. Oops I mean rock star who was more interested in sitting by the pool with a drink with one of those little umbrellas and a bunch of tropical fruit.

It fascinates me how easily you've swindled the rubes onto this board into believing that's what actually went down.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hookers and coke, and the Louisville better hand Jurich a signed, blank check or the FBI is going to find out about it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I thought it was donuts or something.

There's a horde of dozens of other posters parroting him now. I think they alternate between donuts and piña coladas.

No logic, no evidence, no facts. Just grown men lashing out in anger and showing an inability to control their emotions.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
There's a horde of dozens of other posters parroting him now. I think they alternate between donuts and piña coladas.

No logic, no evidence, no facts. Just grown men lashing out in anger and showing an inability to control their emotions.

Jurich has shown he will do anything to push his cause

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
How many free Papa John's pizzas got delivered?

Reaction Score

Incontinents!

Reaction Score
Woud Adidas pay a few trustee a few bucks to get elevate a UofL???

Even if this isn't true, I'm running with it.
Without proof I have always believed that Louisville partially bought their way in. They have always fudged their financial numbers with their arena/stadium, and I'd be absolutely shocked if certain ACC school officials weren't given benefits of some type.

That being said, if true, it won't help with Louisville's ouster nor UConn's addition. If anything, those schools will have more incentive to let sleeping dogs lie. If I had to guess, in five years everything is status quo, but Louisville may be an ACC bottom feeder rather than their current contender position.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Must be a bunch of Alabama voters.

Reaction Score
I always believed something happened. Jurich said himself "UConn was written in stone...the frontrunner." If the school is willing to hire Petrino and allow hooker scandals/pay offs why wouldn't they do anything to get a spot in the Power 5? Everyone knew what Louisville was academically and ethically. We did on this board. Certainly Presidents of prestigious academic institutions in the ACC. They should be asked some tough questions today about the wisdom behind that decision.

Reaction Score
Without proof I have always believed that Louisville partially bought their way in. They have always fudged their financial numbers with their arena/stadium, and I'd be absolutely shocked if certain ACC school officials weren't given benefits of some type.

That being said, if true, it won't help with Louisville's ouster nor UConn's addition. If anything, those schools will have more incentive to let sleeping dogs lie. If I had to guess, in five years everything is status quo, but Louisville may be an ACC bottom feeder rather than their current contender position.

Please stop. They would have had to pay off multiple individuals at multiple universities without having worried that one of them -- not athletes or coaches but administrators and outside trustees -- wouldn't go to the cops. There was no rational strategy for bribing their way in. As much as I'd like to believe it also.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ooooh, I like this. Can we make it the new tagline of the Boneyard?

boneyard-flag_3-jpg.1042

No logic, no evidence, no facts.
Just grown men lashing out in anger
showing an inability to control their emotions.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Please stop. They would have had to pay off multiple individuals at multiple universities without having worried that one of them -- not athletes or coaches but administrators and outside trustees -- wouldn't go to the cops. There was no rational strategy for bribing their way in. As much as I'd like to believe it also.

They definitely bribed them all. Or blackmailed. Not entirely sure which one yet.

maybe both

CL82

Reaction Score
They would have had to pay off multiple individuals at multiple universities without having worried that one of them -- not athletes or coaches but administrators and outside trustees -- wouldn't go to the cops. There was no rational strategy for bribing their way in.

image-jpeg.12252

Conspiracy Kitty says: "Or was there?!"

CL82

Reaction Score
They definitely bribed them all. Or blackmailed. Not entirely sure which one yet.

maybe both
Blackmailed them to keep silent by threatening to let people know they took bribes?

Reaction Score

And your point is ?

Reaction Score
In the real world, if I was in a position of any type of responsibility, I would not comment or speculate on this without some sort of verified proof.

In message board world, though, where you can say "Where's there's smoke, there's fire" and act like that's rock solid evidence, things are different. We know Louisville has used hookers and cash to lure prize recruits to their basketball team. Their highest profile coaches have less stellar character records. Taking that into account, we're supposed to just accept that when a bid to a P5 conference was on the line, with all the prestige, exposure and revenue streams that represented, UL played completely by the rules and was accepted entirely on their own merits? Okay :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom