What I would like to see in the Stanford game: | The Boneyard

What I would like to see in the Stanford game:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
This game will be more about heart and hard work than about X's and O's and match-ups.

I have watched the UConn/Pacific game 4 or 5 times. What has most impressed and pleased me in that game is the joy of playing well and playing together that was consistent for the Huskies throughout the game. Regardless of what combination of players were on the floor, their spirit, good "chemistry" and teamwork were always evident. Bottom line: These eleven kids are having a lot of fun playing together.

On offense -- they showed a lot of imagination and creativity in play-making. Always with a smile.

On defense (and this is the most important thing I saw in the game) every single UConn player was working her buns off whether the lead was four points or forty. The kids were really enjoying playing defense at a 100% intensity level. This is a VERY BIG DEAL.

Tough games and championships are won with defense. If this year's team plays really good defense throughout the season (and enjoys the hard work that requires), they will be a tough out for every team they face ----- including the highest ranked opponents.

What I especially enjoyed in the Pacific game was the joy and pride the Huskies showed on defense. If this effort and attitude are constant in the Stanford game (win or lose), I will be a very happy fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom