I know…..I am asking for too much!!!

Attachments

• F4A60297-E4F8-4D57-8ADB-5E19ED5F9DD2.jpeg
    F4A60297-E4F8-4D57-8ADB-5E19ED5F9DD2.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 69

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
When I was in the Marine Corps in a time far, far away, we had a saying: "How does it feel to want?" :)
:D:)
Very interesting! My 2 older brothers used (dare I say, still do) to say that to me on a regular basis. We're all vets. They were ground pounders and I was a squid. Is there something there?

Reaction Score
Very interesting! My 2 older brothers used (dare I say, still do) to say that to me on a regular basis. We're all vets. They were ground pounders and I was a squid. Is there something there?
This was always said in context of the following with that reply:

I want a hot meal.
I want dry socks.
I want to go home.
I want to sleep in a bed.
I want to get some sleep.

with the same reply: "how does it feel to want?" It was a sarcastic and cynical response to those statements because it was in no way possible that those wants were going to happen. It always was induced to get a laugh in a lousy situation.

Reaction Score
I used to hear, “people in hell want ice water”
...not sure if that is a good openning line to introduce someone to salvation....but could work with some folks.

Just watched "Fury" a couple of nights ago - a World War II movie with Brad Pitt as a Sargent tank commander, and I had to laugh about the line, "Best job I ever hard!" which was delivered when the tension was highest.

It reminded me of a time we faced an incoming torpedo, when a First class Petty Officer yelled, "We're all gonna die!" I replied, "Yes, we are. But NOT TODAY!"

Never underestimate the power of thinking and speaking positively., as courage is not a lack of fear, but action in spite of fear.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom