What I thought of Geremy Davis Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What I thought of Geremy Davis Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Davis reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald it must be the dreads.

Reaction Score
Nicks doesn't have great speed but runs good patters and has great hands. I see Davis the same way.

Is he as big as Sanu? Sanu is very physical for the Bengals.
I think Nicks ran a really good 40, that got him into the first round, as did Kenny Britt, a guy with very questionable hands. I think he is similar size to Sanu, and Sanu ran like in the 4.67 to 4.71 range at the combine if not worse.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I thought Smallwood was better last year. And that's hardly surprising since he was playing with better players around him.
Not surprising. It's easy to cheat a little left or right or get out of your assignments because you think you have to make the play every time. Which he pretty much had to do.

Reaction Score
A star is born every Sat,kid has an incredible upside ,hope he stays another year
Looks like Davis is staying next year, per Hartford Courant article. Our offense looks to be in good shape ( for the most part) at the skill positions for next year. Hoping Mariner and Newsome help out our run game, need improvement at TE. A little worried about our OLine.

Reaction Score
I think he could play in the NFL today, but I think he needs more ink in order to get his stock up. He will (or should) be on all kinds of watch lists next year. I don't know if he will be any more "ready" - but the perception of him nationally should go up exponentially next year.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think he could play in the NFL today, but I think he needs more ink in order to get his stock up. He will (or should) be on all kinds of watch lists next year. I don't know if he will be any more "ready" - but the perception of him nationally should go up exponentially next year.
I think he's a 5-6-7 round pick depending on combine numbers. He's got a nice NFL frame but he'd need to post a good 40 to be a mid-round pick. Coming back is definitely in his best interests. We will have a really solid core of WR next year, it's going to be hard to double him. The guy who is throwing to him just tallied a 400+ yard passing game as a freshman. He's going to put up huge numbers and be considered one of the top 5-10 players in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I guess I work under the assumption that NFL scouts don't go on stats.

Of course they do. But, unlike Smallwood, Davis can improve his stock by coming back. Due to the scheme, he will see more single coverage, which should allow scouts to see how he fares one on one. Might also be able to showcase what he can do after the catch more, now that it appears there is a qb who can get it to him in stride.

Reaction Score
I just don't know how fast Davis is, but if he can run a number I think he might take a shot at the NFL. I do know he is an absolute physical specimen and most DBs cannot handle him physically. His TD catch yesterday was a man playing against boys. To my eye, one of the Memphis DBs interfered with him - or tried to, but he just bounced off of Davis.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Davis was amazing today.. With him coming back at our other WRs we may face our deepest receiving unit in program history.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Oline will depend heavily on how much size and strength the returning players put on in the off-season and what the coaches ask of them. I'm going out on a limb to say they'll be asked to fire out rather than play zone. We won't know until we see them in Aug.

Reaction Score
When Davis does play in the NFL he'll be another nice piece of evidence that Edsall didn't leave the cupboard bare. It will only be like a dozen NFL players on the 2011 roster that PP inhereted. That's barely enough to compete in the Big East.
Except over 50% of the his last 2 classes are gonzo. Remember Difton Aiken Osieki and Lang. Davis is the exception. Edsall bolted and left nothing especially at QB.

Reaction Score
I rewatched the game and Davis reminds me of Anquan Boldin

Reaction Score
He reminds me of if Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson, and Randy Moss all had an orgy with Brittney Griner. and that baby was Geremy Davis. BEAST!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At 6'3" and 215 pounds, if he improves over this years performance next year, not only will he be drafted, he is a potential 1st round pick. The only negative I see at all in his game is he may not have track star speed, he's not slow, he's middle of the pack. However, he is at 100% regarding the rest of his game.

Reaction Score
Davis reminds of Mohamed Sanu of RU.

I was going to say a bigger Hakeem Nicks or Mohamed Sanu.

I think he will be undervalued in the draft(5-6 round) but have a very productive career. Like NBA, a single elite skill will propell your career and give you an identity. Davis makes tough, contested catches and has great size...

Reaction Score
DSC_6108_323 - Copy.jpg
MEGATRON!

That catch in the endzone, very few WR's can make, this kid has a bright future on Sundays!
DSC_6108_323 - Copy.jpg

Reaction Score
I liked the guy in the bottom middle of the picture. Looks like he's showing GD how he should have his hands positioned to make the catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom