What I thought of Geremy Davis Today | The Boneyard

What I thought of Geremy Davis Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sitting in 220, the second that ball was thrown it looked like the safety had baited CC into the throw and I yelled " PICK!".

Then Davis very subtly repositions into almost box-out position and BEASTS the safety for the catch, made it look easy.

that was awesome.

Reaction Score
Had no problem getting to 1000 yards receiving Well done geremy

Reaction Score
Thought his catch and run in the fourth was freakin awesome breaking tackles, staying in bounds..too bad he got caught at the 2 but it was cool that Hippolyte was able to get a TD on senior day

Reaction Score
He is a beast. Will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft when he comes out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On the drive home when they mentioned on the postgame that Smallwood was leaving... I was almost surprised that Davis didn't declare as well because he's as ready.

Reaction Score
On the drive home when they mentioned on the postgame that Smallwood was leaving... I was almost surprised that Davis didn't declare as well because he's as ready.

Unlike Smallwood, who really had nothing more to show at UCONN, and whose stock probably wouldn't significantly rise if he stayed, I think Davis can really move up draft boards next year. With competent qb play, Davis can have 1500 yards receiving next year.

Reaction Score
You think so? I wonder about his forty time. There is no denying his hands, they're great. Good route runner who gets open and can catch the ball at its high point, but I wonder if he is really like 4.7, high 4.6 guy. Where does he go if he posts numbers like that?

Reaction Score
You think so? I wonder about his forty time. There is no denying his hands, they're great. Good route runner who gets open and can catch the ball at its high point, but I wonder if he is really like 4.7, high 4.6 guy. Where does he go if he posts numbers like that?

Anywhere from the 5th to 7th round. I think he run faster than that though. My guess 4.5, I have seen him get separation when asked to go deep.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Does staying help someone's 40 time? I guess it's possible that having 15 months to improve a time is more valuable than 3 months?

He was making plays even when the offense couldn't get out of their own way. Good for UConn if he comes back but he should really get some advice on where he'd go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unlike Smallwood, who really had nothing more to show at UCONN, and whose stock probably wouldn't significantly rise if he stayed, I think Davis can really move up draft boards next year. With competent qb play, Davis can have 1500 yards receiving next year.

I guess I work under the assumption that NFL scouts don't go on stats.

Reaction Score
Does staying help someone's 40 time? I guess it's possible that having 15 months to improve a time is more valuable than 3 months?

He was making plays even when the offense couldn't get out of their own way. Good for UConn if he comes back but he should really get some advice on where he'd go.
Not help his 40 time per say, but he could be a guy with multiple productive seasons, which scouts like as well. If runs 4.5 as another poster said he would go third round, I would bet. His hands are amazing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not help his 40 time per say, but he could be a guy with multiple productive seasons, which scouts like as well. If runs 4.5 as another poster said he would go third round, I would bet. His hands are amazing.

Selfishly I hope he's back. Just wouldn't be surprised if he isn't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When Davis does play in the NFL he'll be another nice piece of evidence that Edsall didn't leave the cupboard bare. It will only be like a dozen NFL players on the 2011 roster that PP inhereted. That's barely enough to compete in the Big East.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
A star is born every Sat,kid has an incredible upside ,hope he stays another year

Reaction Score
When Davis does play in the NFL he'll be another nice piece of evidence that Edsall didn't leave the cupboard bare. It will only be like a dozen NFL players on the 2011 roster that PP inhereted. That's barely enough to compete in the Big East.
PP was a colossal fluck up. I'm past him. Rear view mirror. How was today's offensive performance for "staying ahead of the chains"? P actually sold Hathaway a bill of goods, came here and made near 5 million dollars just before riding off to the sunset.

P did recruit some playmakers in Lamelle, and Bradley, and bunch of quality contributors on defense like Obi, Campeni Jhavon Williams, Myers etc.

American conference or not, I'm excited about our future.

Reaction Score
Would he get drafted now......yes. But if he stays on his course of improvement could be the difference between late 5-7 round and 2-3 round. The money difference is why he needs to stay. No reason to leave early unless you are first three rounds

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would he get drafted now......yes. But if he stays on his course of improvement could be the difference between late 5-7 round and 2-3 round. The money difference is why he needs to stay. No reason to leave early unless you are first three rounds

I don't see him as a late round pick. I'm no NFL scout, but I think he's proved himself as much as Smallwood has.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
He reminds me of Hakeem Nicks of the Jints and I think he's got a shot at the same type of pro career.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of Hakeem Nicks of the Jints and I think he's got a shot at the same type of pro career.
I don't see that type of speed, but I see better hands.

Reaction Score
I don't see him as a late round pick. I'm no NFL scout, but I think he's proved himself as much as Smallwood has.

Smallwood was three tackles away from leading the team in tackles every year he's played. Davis has been really good, but Smallwood's been a flat out beast for three straight years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Smallwood was three tackles away from leading the team in tackles every year he's played. Davis has been really good, but Smallwood's been a flat out beast for three straight years.

I thought Smallwood was better last year. And that's hardly surprising since he was playing with better players around him.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I don't see that type of speed, but I see better hands.
Nicks doesn't have great speed but runs good patters and has great hands. I see Davis the same way.

Is he as big as Sanu? Sanu is very physical for the Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom