WHAT I LOVE and HATE! | The Boneyard

WHAT I LOVE and HATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I LOVE: Bria Hartley, touqhness of Kelly Farris.

I HATE : Stephanie constantly at the top of the key. Playing sooo fast that we don't run offense. Tiffany playing point. Taking treys with noone in rebounding position. HAVING A 4PT. LEAD WITH 2 MIN. LEFT IN REG, w/BALL AND NOT CALLING TIME OUT TO SET PLAY RESULTING IN BACK TO BACK TURNOVERS!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

I HATE : Stephanie constantly at the top of the key. Playing sooo fast that we don't run offense. Tiffany playing point. Taking treys with noone in rebounding position. HAVING A 4PT. LEAD WITH 2 MIN. LEFT IN REG, w/BALL AND NOT CALLING TIME OUT TO SET PLAY RESULTING IN BACK TO BACK TURNOVERS!

As opposed to calling a time-out with less than 30 seconds to play, and resulting in a turnover?

Reaction Score
Sometimes time outs can work against a team, breaking their momentum, allowing the other team's defense to get set up, etc.

Reaction Score
Sometimes time outs can work against a team, breaking their momentum, allowing the other team's defense to get set up, etc.
Except in this case we had the lead , ON THE ROAD. Call timeout. Quiet the croud , and call a play that at the very least gets you free throws. Instead 2 turnovers were committed , the lead was lost. KML commits another turnover and the game is lost in overtime. Overtime almost always favors the home team!

Reaction Score
As opposed to calling a time-out with less than 30 seconds to play, and resulting in a turnover?
Yes, because huskies had 4 pt. lead w/ball , ON THE ROAD!

Reaction Score

Well said sir, this is twice they have had the lead in the final minutes and choked. I hope these two loses really light a fire under them and a sense of urgency has been created.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well said sir, this is twice they have had the lead in the final minutes and choked.
Really? You'd say they choked? Wow. Those performances don't meet my definition of "choked" by a long shot.

Reaction Score
Really? You'd say they choked? Wow. Those performances don't meet my definition of "choked" by a long shot.

And that is absolutely fine, your opinion is absolutely valid as is mine. The wording is a bit strong but never the less...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

It's not very often that UCONN executes a play drawn up in the huddle during a time out that results in a basket. Never understood why though??

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about the generalization ("...not very often that UConn executes ..."), but I do remember the Bria-to-Kelly layup at the end of last year's ND game in South Bend. If the play at the end of regulation in last Saturday's game had worked (i.e., if KML had hit Bria on the curl for an open jumper from the free throw line), this year's denouement might well have been a carbon copy of last year's, with the same sad, frustrated expressions on the faces of the green team and their coach. Somehow, Bria as a freshman last year had more composure than KML as a freshman this year.

I also remember that wasn't always the case with Bria last year -- Georgetown's press had her totally unnerved. So maybe this was just KML's moment to be a freshman, and she will have a Maya moment in a game yet to be played.

Reaction Score
Except in this case we had the lead , ON THE ROAD. Call timeout. Quiet the croud , and call a play that at the very least gets you free throws. Instead 2 turnovers were committed , the lead was lost. KML commits another turnover and the game is lost in overtime. Overtime almost always favors the home team!

I was thinking of the time out with what, 19 seconds to play? If my memory is correct the game was tied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom