What I Like Most About Our Women | The Boneyard

What I Like Most About Our Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They never lose a game they should have won EXCEPT that St. John' game, what three years ago?
Oh, you might point out the ND games of a couple years past, but nationally they were rated fairly even.
What I'm talking about is agreed upon mismatches such as Loolville vs. Baylor in 2013 in the NCAA's.
Can anyone think of one besides St. John's and please don't take us back to the 80's.

Reaction Score
They never lose a game they should have won EXCEPT that St. John' game, what three years ago?
Oh, you might point out the ND games of a couple years past, but nationally they were rated fairly even.
What I'm talking about is agreed upon mismatches such as Loolville vs. Baylor in 2013 in the NCAA's.
Can anyone think of one besides St. John's and please don't take us back to the 80's.

The 2004-2005 season had two or three losses that were disappointing; namely Arizona State and Michigan State. Sorry to bring up that season; yet it's really the only year that you could point to since 1999 that there have been more than one surprising and seriously disappointing losses.

However to address this thread title "What I like Most About Our Women" would be a long list of superlatives including but not limited to.... winners, tireless competitors, great student athletes, funny and fun, great shooters, lock down defenders, never taking a play off regardless of the competition (or lack thereof), classy in appearance and conduct in interviews, a real team and unselfish teammates, Champions . And much more. They are the gift of excellence in sports that keeps on giving year after year after year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Strangely, I tempted fate and started this thread shortly before the St John's loss and right after Notre Dame managed to lose to then-unranked West Virginia. The thread proved stupidly ironic, but in it, I did say this about UConn versus teams it should beat:

When you are one of the favorites to win a national title, two things happen with great frequency in your games. One is that your opponent is so intimidated and psyched out that they've checked out before tipoff. The other is that your opponent is fired up to play you and see how they stack up against the very best. Both scenarios are dangerous. A team that has already decided it can't beat you allows you to win so easily that you may come to conclusion that you're a little better than you actually are. Conversely, a team that plays like it has nothing to lose can surprise you and cause you to scramble.

I think Geno is a better coach now than he was 10 , 15, or 20 years ago, and one of the ways he's improved is that he's very, very accustomed to fielding teams that opponents either fear or really, really want to beat. He's honed to the point of near-perfection the ability to be convincingly pissed off after a 35-point win if there was room for improvement by his team. Conversely, he knows how to prepare his teams physically and mentally for the grind of being the measuring stick for other teams over the course of a season.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Let's express this sentiment in gamblers' parlance:

"Bet UConn. They always cover [the spread]."

Reaction Score
2002-2003.

Finals of the Big East tourny we lost 52-48 to Villinova at Rutgers then went on to win NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom