What I have learned from this season so far. | The Boneyard

What I have learned from this season so far.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
We are not at the halfway point yet but we still have time before Baylor.

1. It would not be possible to choose,, if you had to, who the better player is between Lou and Phee.
2. CW is better than the hype of a #1 ranked recruit.
3. My opinion of Arike changed significantly after the latest ND game.
4. 126 regular season wins in a row is the least publicized record ever.
5. If Geno is being pressured (I doubt it.) to play his bench more, you can't tell.
6. All four games in which the team was tested were fun to watch. ND was unexpected.
7. Aliyah Boston demonstrated that predicting the college choice of a high school senior is not an exact science.
8. The brief glimpses of ONO indicate that if she shows Walker-like patience, she will have a great four years.
9. The transition of senior leadership continues to be seamless.
10. Venturing into the chat room during the game is not for the faint of heart.

Reaction Score
I agree with your observations....

Regarding Lou and Pheesa, their respective games are so different it's hard to say who is "better." It can also turn this into a confrontational thread. I would rather answer what player do you enjoy watching? Still tough to answer but can answer and perhaps not offend the many that get their feelings hurt discussing sports and players. I will copout and say both :)

For me I enjoy watching Lou move around the court and hit a jump shot coming off a curl/pick. I love Pheesa's fadeaway in the paint. I am enjoying watching Lou battle and jump for rebounds this year. On defense I enjoy Pheesa rejecting the opposition in the paint. I admire Lou's underrated passing and also how Pheesa's motor just keeps running and she provides a sense of calmness for her team.

Most of all i enjoy how the two are great teammates and compliment eachothers games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Superb list. With respect to Lou and Pheesa, my thinking is that it is not possible to choose who is the more ESSENTIAL player to the team.

Lou's ability to score big bunches of points with the three and her now-versatile inside game garners immediate attention, of course. But the way Pheesa has mastered so many important details elevates her to the same rarified air. Just watch the highlights of the Cal game, for example, and notice how hard Pheesa is screening on so many of the plays that resulted in a Huskies basket. I was simply in awe of how well some of those screens were executed; Pheesa has to be one of if not the best screener in all of Division I.

I also cannot choose between these two treasures, and I'm glad we don't have to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are not at the halfway point yet but we still have time before Baylor.

1. It would not be possible to choose,, if you had to, who the better player is between Lou and Phee.
2. CW is better than the hype of a #1 ranked recruit.
3. My opinion of Arike changed significantly after the latest ND game.
4. 126 regular season wins in a row is the least publicized record ever.
5. If Geno is being pressured (I doubt it.) to play his bench more, you can't tell.
6. All four games in which the team was tested were fun to watch. ND was unexpected.
7. Aliyah Boston demonstrated that predicting the college choice of a high school senior is not an exact science.
8. The brief glimpses of ONO indicate that if she shows Walker-like patience, she will have a great four years.
9. The transition of senior leadership continues to be seamless.
10. Venturing into the chat room during the game is not for the faint of heart.
2 and 5, I absolutely agree with all other comments. CWis a welcome change from frosh in the recent years--she came game ready
5. Geno IS being pressured by circumstances to play the bench. The big deal (I think) with Geno is the trust factor--can he trust his bench (regardless of whom he may consider) to not negatively effect Uconn's game. Can he expect status quo or better?
Some one reads this (censored) material to Geno or he reads it; in either case it's obvious it end in the trash cuz look at his current record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom