What I don't understand | The Boneyard

What I don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
how .ck does nobody get canned after today? I understand not firing Bobby boy right now, but one of the coordinators, at the least, needs to see the door.

Reaction Score
It's because we've sunken to levels that even Umass isn't at. Our athletic department is now below Texas Tech, Wake Forest. Umass, Wash St, Virginia, Minnesota and every other crappy team you can imagine. The sad thing is this isn't an all time low. When we lose our last three games and then play openin night next year in front of 19k, that won't even be an all time low.

Going to go do shots

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Then we shouldn't consider ourselves a real program that deserves to be in a power 5 league

Well, we literally don't have the money of those programs, so...

Reaction Score
I don't think $ is the problem with assistants. I think the problem is who is available now? Someone already on the staff or someone currently out of football?

Reaction Score
Well, we literally don't have the money of those programs, so...

Neither did Rutgers... but they corruptly added a huge student section and ended up in the BIG... have to take risks to get somewhere. Something Bobby boy needs to realize

Reaction Score
I don't think $ is the problem with assistants. I think the problem is who is available now? Someone already on the staff or someone currently out of football?

Thank you

Reaction Score
Who do you hire as an OC? Interim or permanent? They gonna teach a new offense overnight?

This season is toast.

I'll find a bum on silver lane who can call better plays

Reaction Score
I think the problem is who is available now? Someone already on the staff or someone currently out of football?

Huh... all they have to do is pin a RFI/RFP at the top of this board. There are apparently a boatload of people here who can all call a better game than our HC/OC/DC :p;)

Reaction Score
The problem is that we have a defensive minded head coach. Good defensive coordinators are easier and cheaper to hire than good offensive coordinators. Remember, Verducci had no experience as an OC before Diaco hired him. Why? We don't pay for a successful and experienced OC. We either need to hire a successful lower level OC or come up with the cash to pay a successful and experienced OC.

Look at the AAC. I think all of the recently hired HCs have come from the offensive side except UConn.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Huh... all they have to do is pin a RFI/RFP at the top of this board. There are apparently a boatload of people here who can all call a better game than HC/OC/DC :p;)

True, but none of us are RKGs, and I'm personally too busy baking my fish oil cakes with love to think about offense right now... :eek:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can't do anything right now. Have to wait until after the season. At absolute bare minimum, Benedict needs to shove an OC and some new coaches down Diaco's throat this offseason. He'll need to devote MUCH more money into the assistant's pool to bring in a good staff.

Funny, I remember when Narduzzi pulled out of the UConn job and cited assistant's pay pool as a reason. I scoffed at the time but boy, the man knew our program and AD better than we did. We're never going to win if we shop for coaches in the clearance aisle.

Reaction Score
Based on financial support from the boosters, we don't.
Because we play worse football than UMass, it's that simple. If we hire a new coach the HCBD release will pay for itself

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread. Diaco can't fire anyone because they do what he tells them to do.

Hopefully Benedict cleans house for Diaco. Pressure Bobby out the door.

Reaction Score
Huh... all they have to do is pin a RFI/RFP at the top of this board. There are apparently a boatload of people here who can all call a better game than our HC/OC/DC :p;)

I volunteer as tribute
article-2118978-12411813000005DC-272_634x424.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member