What happens with Roberson next year | The Boneyard

What happens with Roberson next year

Reaction Score
Such hard luck getting injured in the 1st game and 1st quarter. But in reality what will the poor kid do now ?

Reaction Score
Great question for January. We don’t even know that Roberson will be fully ready to go for next year (see our backup QB from Connecticut), nor do we know that, if healthy, he still isn’t viewed as better. How about we hope for a full recovery and then let it play out?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’s the backup, or he transfers. It’s Zions team now.

It’s not his fault either, but that’s what happens in football and other sports. Injuries lead to opportunities for others, in this case his backup ran with it. Hope whatever decision he makes works out for him, but it shouldn’t be a competition.

Edit: I know people are gonna throw stats and certain plays at me to suggest this is premature. You gotta remember he was always supposed to be next up, it just happened sooner because of Robersons injury. Then also remember he’s been throwing to backup receivers all year. He’s done a great job not being reckless and costing us possessions. He’ll be so much better next year if we give him all the QB1 reps during the offseason.

Reaction Score

It’s not his fault either, but that’s what happens in football and other sports. Injuries lead to opportunities for others, in this case his backup ran with it. Hope whatever decision he makes works out for him, but it shouldn’t be a competition.
Disagree. Zion has had flashes but he absolutely needs to win the job going into next year. If he does, that’s great, but we do not have a QB on the roster that should be handed the job going into camp.

But that’s for another day, let’s finish out this season first.

Reaction Score
Such hard luck getting injured in the 1st game and 1st quarter. But in reality what will the poor kid do now ?
Glue factory. Like all other former college quarter backs.

He's (likely) a scholarship athlete. He will be fine. He will compete for next season. In the meantime he gets a bowl game and gets to hang out with people doing things he (hopefully) has fun doing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Disagree. Zion has had flashes but he absolutely needs to win the job going into next year. If he does, that’s great, but we do not have a QB on the roster that should be handed the job going into camp.

But that’s for another day, let’s finish out this season first.
He needs to be given as many reps as possible with the first team. The more he splits, the less he develops or gets comfortable with his team. We can go into next season with confidence in our QB1, or lingering questions and doubt about the most important position. Rally around Zion and build on this momentum and potential.

Reaction Score

Edit: I know people are gonna throw stats and certain plays at me to suggest this is premature. You gotta remember he was always supposed to be next up, it just happened sooner because of Robersons injury. Then also remember he’s been throwing to backup receivers all year. He’s done a great job not being reckless and costing us possessions. He’ll be so much better next year if we give him all the QB1 reps during the offseason.
Wrong.

Zion has bee a barely passable starter. He has the edge in experience but he hasn't locked down the job by a long shot.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Let's be honest, we don't know yet what Ta'Quon can do so I would not sell him short. Yes, we're 6-5 now with ZT as QB which is absolutely fantastic and beyond all expectations, but let's see what happens in the off season. I only see good things happening with the QB competition going forward.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wrong.

Zion has bee a barely passable starter. He has the edge in experience but he hasn't locked down the job by a long shot.
He’s been a barley passable starter in an impossible situation. Wasn’t given the most starters reps in the off-season, lost his receivers, 2 rbs. Imagine if we went all in with him from the start?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is such a odd thread to start after beating a ranked team for the first time in forever and being bowl eligible for the first time since 2015.

ZT has gotten us here along with the D. He made some throws today that showed with another year and a healthy corp of WR plus an open playbook, an he can really flourish.

Let's get a W against Army and make a bowl. Who cares what happens to TR right now, no offense to the kid but I'll worry in the spring.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why?

I'll gladly give you the opportunity to explain how I am wrong but on the surface the only thing I see is that you are an # for bringing this subject up this far in advance of spring practice.

Let's finish the season prior to concerning ourselves with this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There will be a competition, plain and simple. There will also be turnover in the QB room. Such is the reality of CFB in 2022.

Based on play, either TR was as horrible as ZT was or was head and shoulders better. Doesn't really matter now. ZT has set the bar. Either he improves this off-season or there is room for someone to take the job. Our QB is still the major weakness but at least it isn't turning the ball over for which ZT and Charlton should get a ton of credit.

Reaction Score
We are averaging like 100 yards passing per game. Zion has been solid at not doing dumb things but he's hardly lighting the world on fire. If Roberson beat him this year, he can likely get another shot.

Zion aint Lou Gehrig
Roberson aint wally pipp

open competition next spring

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Last I checked, we didn't have a skill position without injuries. Anyone is 1 play from being on the field.

Reaction Score
He’s been a barley passable starter in an impossible situation. Wasn’t given the most starters reps in the off-season, lost his receivers, 2 rbs. Imagine if we went all in with him from the start?
Zion was given a huge opportunity. He could have pretty much nailed down the job with his play. To my eyes he hasn't. Coach Mora talks about earning your way. Nothing should be handed to him. If he earns the job next spring fine. But he should NOT get all the snaps. That is absurd and counter to everything Mora has been teaching.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We're still going on with this?? ZT may not be lighting the world on fire but who cares. He's led our offense on game winning drives by making key plays and/or not making mistakes. That's all I care about. If you can manage a game, play off of your team's current strengths, not turn the ball over, and get the W, I'll take it.

Let's move on to Army and stop this stupid thread until the Spring, or the next game when ZT plays poorly, lol.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, we didn't have a skill position without injuries. Anyone is 1 play from being on the field.
Although our skill positions have been ravaged by injuries I have been amazed at how few injuries we have sustained at other positions. Some losses on the line and our kicker prior to the seaon starting but not much since then. Its been one of the keys to our success

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom