What happens to SNY if we leave? | The Boneyard

What happens to SNY if we leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we under a contract with them or is it year to year, also would they still even want to carry big east games if most of the desirable teams are gone?

Something probably not a lot of you have thought about but if we go to the ACC, a ton of those non marquee match up games wont be televised like they are on the SNY network

Reaction Score
Great question.

If UConn/RU go to the nACC then a partnership could be worked out with SNY and the ACC similar to the one with the big east. The ACC wants to increase their NY presence. SNY signing on to cover UConn/RU/Cuse really shows that all 3 programs are what's needed to deliver the bulk of the (relatively small) college market in NYC. With that relationship already created they could potentially continue to allow the SNY relationship, they would just have to work out the financial arrangements.

IIRC, UConn was the first big east program to sign on with SNY.

Reaction Score
The Big East may have some kind of deal with SNY to show their logo and all the teams on there, I doubt they would allow the ACC to just show Cuse, Rutgers and Uconn games on their quietly. Does anyone know why SNY made a deal to show Uconn games over Cuse? I feel like they would try and appeal to the huge Cuse alumni base in NY and NJ over Uconn's

Reaction Score
Are we under a contract with them or is it year to year, also would they still even want to carry big east games if most of the desirable teams are gone?

Something probably not a lot of you have thought about but if we go to the ACC, a ton of those non marquee match up games wont be televised like they are on the SNY network
Good question...My guess SNY has an out in the contract. Geographically though the market will still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom