"What happened to UCLA?" | The Boneyard

"What happened to UCLA?"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Make sure you click the embedded post game analysis video at the bottom of the article. Very informative.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn happened.

I came away more impressed with the Bruins than I was before the game. I can see how they beat Baylor. UConn was just too much for them, but they are going to be a real tough out for anyone on their schedule this year. They have some very talented players that can put the ball in the basket.

Reaction Score
“It’s really fun, especially being in someone else’s home and having the crowd against you,” said Huskies guard Collier. “To go on scoring runs and silence the crowd was really fun.”

"And coming out of my offensive funk!'

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have to say that UCLA is certainly a better basketball team than either Stanford or Cal. While I haven't seen Oregon yet, I have to believe that the Bruins should be the favorites to win the PAC12 with a good possibility to make it to the FF.

Reaction Score
This was something I hadn't realized till I read this article: ZERO transition points for UCLA. Probably the single most astounding stat from the game. As Geno says, that is a huge part of their identity and production.
Way back when in the less than dark days of Geno realm : he spoke of getting his players to run down the floor immediately, while the opponents were celebrating making a basket and scoring. He too spoke of quickly getting down the floor before the defense was set: it would appear the UCLA 's coach watched all of the CPTV Geno 's shows. Imitation is the---you know.

Reaction Score
I have to say that UCLA is certainly a better basketball team than either Stanford or Cal. While I haven't seen Oregon yet, I have to believe that the Bruins should be the favorites to win the PAC12 with a good possibility to make it to the FF.
You are correct. Since you are more of an expert than I: wouldn't you expect Stanford to be a much better team by April?
I wish uconn had a Connecticut St university to confuse people from states with STATE teams and much as I am with say: Oregon/Oregon St. All Ct has is east ,, west, Central--as last I looked, admitted a long time ago.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You are correct. Since you are more of an expert than I: wouldn't you expect Stanford to be a much better team by April?
I wish uconn had a Connecticut St university to confuse people from states with STATE teams and much as I am with say: Oregon/Oregon St. All Ct has is east ,, west, Central--as last I looked, admitted a long time ago.
Yes, Tara will coach her team up, and they will be better come tournament time, but UCLA was really impressive last night. They were just not good enough to hang with the Huskies, but then again who is?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Based on the few games played so far, UCLA and Oregon look to be the two co-favorites. Oregon State could be in the mix as well. I'm still not sleeping on Stanford, though. I've learned the hard way not to count Tara out. They'll be a much better team by February than they are now.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I came away more impressed with the Bruins than I was before the game. I can see how they beat Baylor. UConn was just too much for them, but they are going to be a real tough out for anyone on their schedule this year. They have some very talented players that can put the ball in the basket.
So far, as I said before the game, they appear to me to be the 2nd best team in WCBB.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Based on the few games played so far, UCLA and Oregon look to be the two co-favorites. Oregon State could be in the mix as well. I'm still not sleeping on Stanford, though. I've learned the hard way not to count Tara out. They'll be a much better team by February than they are now.
Oregon did not look nearly as good as UCLA in the game they lost. Ionescu was neutralized most of the game but their center played. UCLA had a great opportunity to beat two top five teams but could not do it. I say great opportunity because Baylor and Uconn were missing a starter who is an impact player. If Cox had played, there is a good chance Baylor would have won. UCLA's guards were too quick for Baylor and without Cox, Baylor did not have enough rebounding or scoring options.

Reaction Score
After this game (and their win against Baylor) is there anyone who will be shocked if UCLA gets to the final 4
If UCLA makes a few more outside shots, different game. UConn, Danger in particular, pushed them outside of their comfort zone. Put a strong rebounder on this team and they would make case for one of top 3 in US.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom