What happened to these college hoops powerhouses? NY Post | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What happened to these college hoops powerhouses? NY Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CONNECTICUT: Won 2 of the last 4 National Championships, why are we including them in this article? Because they have the largest fan base within our readership area and we need web hits to sell ads.

Reaction Score
I've said this often, but I just don't like credit being taken away from KO for the title. He was on the staff for everyone's entire career at UConn, took over a team of scraps after a mass exodus, and built it up. Don't care who Bazz originally was recruited by - KO won with his own team.
Amen. Funny how Kevin Ollie won with Calhoun's players in 2014, but lost with his own players in 2015.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is fair to Giffey to group him w/ Olander.
Why? Neither of them were highly regarded prospects, and neither was on the radar of a bunch of top teams, which is what people are implying when they say KO won with "Calhoun" recruits. Those people are essentially saying "See, the gravy train of top 10 recruits that ole Jimmy C. was bringing in done dried up, and look how Ollie struggles without them." And that is the opposite of reality.

Reaction Score
Why? Neither of them were highly regarded prospects, and neither was on the radar of a bunch of top teams, which is what people are implying when they say KO won with "Calhoun" recruits. Those people are essentially saying "See, the gravy train of top 10 recruits that ole Jimmy C. was bringing in done dried up, and look how Ollie struggles without them." And that is the opposite of reality.

Fair point. I was thinking in terms of their overall impact on the court. I see where you are coming from now.

Reaction Score
Fair point. I was thinking in terms of their overall impact on the court. I see where you are coming from now.
Definitely agree that Giffey had much more impact on the court.

Reaction Score

Its crap! That `11 class that ended up bearing so much fruit was on nobodys radar until that season ended. In his last few seasons JC wasnt exactly tearing up the recruiting trail. He was just so good at seeing talent and developing it that he turned guys that not to many others wanted and turned them into great college players. JC was the absolute best at this. How many guys that werent all that highly recruited did he turn to lottery picks and first rounders?

Reaction Score
What does this fool know ? Don't you know that if some terrible shooter hadn't made 3 fluke threes that UConn would have beaten Temple ? Then all would be right with the world.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just passing along pop news. But beware - sounds like the torch and pitchfork crowd is gathering

And let me guess, you find this to be a good thing?

Reaction Score
I'm sure the writer of this article pretty much based his blurb on UConn around the thoughts of that little POS Matt Ehalt, a fellow sportswriter that he's cool with. Ehalt is a UConn fan who has been bashing KO on twitter for every loss and past recruiting miss on twitter for the past 4 years.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the writer of this article pretty much based his blurb on UConn around the thoughts of that little POS Matt Ehalt, a fellow sportswriter that he's cool with. Ehalt is a UConn fan who has been bashing KO on twitter for every loss and past recruiting miss on twitter for the past 4 years.

Agree but think you mean Ehalt is a Syracuse fan

Reaction Score
Nah he went to Cuse but he's a UConn fan
With the way he was always criticizing UConn and KO I thought for sure he was a Cuse fan. Didn't realize he was a UConn fan til this year.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I've said this often, but I just don't like credit being taken away from KO for the title. He was on the staff for everyone's entire career at UConn, took over a team of scraps after a mass exodus, and built it up. Don't care who Bazz originally was recruited by - KO won with his own team.
This! KO is a great recruiter and will be an exceptional head coach. He has the inherent leadership skills and basketball knowledge. This is his first head coaching gig. He is ahead of the typical learning curve. He is very good with in-game decisions an area of growth. He will be exceptional in a few years. I hope he is still at UCONN when he hits his stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom