What happened to the critical thinking? | The Boneyard

What happened to the critical thinking?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What happened to be relatively objective? Yes we are UConn fans but when did UConn become infallible? Did all the posters who bring a level of critical thinking get banned, have kids, move on to crypto? What happened to this place?

To keep this on topic, we are discussing UConn men’s basketball. I’ll hang up and listen.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mojo happened.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
new england patriots brady we're still here GIF

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It's okay that your sub-posting me. I have enough critical thinking skills to figure that one out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What happened to be relatively objective? Yes we are UConn fans but when did UConn become infallible? Did all the posters who bring a level of critical thinking get banned, have kids, move on to crypto? What happened to this place?

To keep this on topic, we are discussing UConn men’s basketball. I’ll hang up and listen.
Define critical thinking.

Reaction Score
It's okay that your sub-posting me. I have enough critical thinking skills to figure that one out.
I won't speak for poly but I would suggest his critique would likely go far beyond any one poster.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I only found out about The Boneyard around a year ago. It’s been a fun community to be a part of and educational on an array of topics not limited to basketball. That said, I’ve been disturbed by the reactionary and sometimes callous takes that emanate from this place. I think, for me, the board is a little more enjoyable in the off-season, when people aren’t on edge as much.

Reaction Score
Here's some critical thinking for you guys: we're super inconsistent, and that scares the hell out of me going into this tournament. When we're firing on all cylinders, we can compete with the best of them. However, and it even says this in James' NBA scouting report, Bouknight has the tendency to disappear from games offensively. We've seen multiple games where drops like 16 points in the first 10 minutes and stays relatively silent for the rest of the game. Polley and RJ can be streaky. Adama, who we now rely on for a nice chunk of our scoring, gets in foul trouble too much. And he's young. Gaff shows flashes but truly cannot be relied upon. We can get knocked out pretty easily if we aren't clicking. And too often, we aren't clicking.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I’m not sub posting you. I would have called you specifically like I call out other stupid posters ask @CL82 about it. I’m calling out the smart posters and wondering where they’ve gone I want to talk basketball.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
From the Bilas thread:
how old are? Would you consider yourself a basketball fan outside of UConn? Cause this has to be one of the most off the reservation bleed blue glasses posts of all time.
Oh I'm sorry. You're right. We are a bunch of weaklings and Hurley runs a kindergarten basketball program. Our team is a bunch of crybabies that wear pink tutus. Practice is a bunch of teddy bears and candy corn. The team would rather spend their time sucking their thumb in safe zones than breaking down 2-3 zones.

Last I checked, this was a UConn fan forum for posting about how awesome UConn is.
You now:

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Just like yeast infections and the bread factory down the river, this too must have been a coincidence.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Define critical thinking.
Anyone that agrees with me.
@UCTitleTown, I corrected it for you.

Too many believe having someone agreeing a point of view is a display of sound thinking.
Disagreeing with a point of view means the person disagreeing is crazy, nuts or anything else.

As for discussing UConn basketball for this tourney, put me in this column. Team is inconsistent and flawed. And they are inconsistently inconsistent. If they were consistently inconsistent the coaches could work on mitigating the consistent inconsistencies.
Unfortunately when players are inconsistently inconsistent the coaches don't know if any remedies will actually lead to improvement.
Some things like getting Adama to back off going after offensive rebounds on missed FT"s can probably be coached. But I don't think there is anything SH and his staff can do to make Polley a more consistent shooter.

Reaction Score
Here's some critical thinking for you guys: we're super inconsistent, and that scares the hell out of me going into this tournament. When we're firing on all cylinders, we can compete with the best of them. However, and it even says this in James' NBA scouting report, Bouknight has the tendency to disappear from games offensively. We've seen multiple games where drops like 16 points in the first 10 minutes and stays relatively silent for the rest of the game. Polley and RJ can be streaky. Adama, who we now rely on for a nice chunk of our scoring, gets in foul trouble too much. And he's young. Gaff shows flashes but truly cannot be relied upon. We can get knocked out pretty easily if we aren't clicking. And too often, we aren't clicking.

The biggest issue, to me, is that certain guys are going to be hit or miss offensively game to game. Tyrese is not a natural shooter, and he doesn't have great touch around the rim. When he's getting bounces and making those tough driving layups he's hard to deal with. And some nights he just can't hit water from a boat.

I will say this, though: even on the nights where their offense struggles, they manage to hang around by scrapping and playing tough defense. At the risk of jinxing them, they do not get blown out. So they might very well lose to Maryland but even if they're not on their A game they should be in it until the end.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
as i understand it, the current iteration has a born-on date of 2011, while the roots go back to the 90s, or, pretty much the entirety for the Big 10s epic futility in ever being the champs. im 100% certain that most of that time, i would find pantloads here extolling the inevitability for a big 10 champ, yet very few actual players.
fail, bigly.
tempered by that truth, it seems that those sclerotics have instead focused on the now 4 year failed truth of 'sir stop touching me' actually producing. i have a fans hope that he will show up at least once, so that we can witness the broken clock crowds' chant of 'we sooo smart' for amusement value.
stop whining. it's unbecoming to the program, and just sounds sooo ancient.

Reaction Score
as i understand it, the current iteration has a born-on date of 2011, while the roots go back to the 90s, or, pretty much the entirety for the Big 10s epic futility in ever being the champs. im 100% certain that most of that time, i would find pantloads here extolling the inevitability for a big 10 champ, yet very few actual players.
fail, bigly.
tempered by that truth, it seems that those sclerotics have instead focused on the now 4 year failed truth of 'sir stop touching me' actually producing. i have a fans hope that he will show up at least once, so that we can witness the broken clock crowds' chant of 'we sooo smart' for amusement value.
stop whining. it's unbecoming to the program, and just sounds sooo ancient.
Spake our champion of critical thinking

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not sub posting you. I would have called you specifically like I call out other stupid posters ask @CL82 about it. I’m calling out the smart posters and wondering where they’ve gone I want to talk basketball.
Lol, Have we ever talked to each other? I’m glad it was memorable for you whatever it was.

Reaction Score

I think March is new territory for many fans. Others are so giddy that they have become forgetful.

Older farts know that in March anything can happen, and we are just as capable of getting beat as we are of winning. We take one game at a time, expecting each opponent to give us their best shot.

UConn jerseys are March famous only in the sense opponents want to beat the hell out of us, to make their 'arrival' statement. Like killing the lion with a knife.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Seriously? After all the recent frustration we are supposed to temper our enthusiasm today? I assume we will reflect and provide some thoughtful consideration, but for now it's just a collective primal scream, as we raise our axe or sword, and charge in our Kilts ready to hack to bits whatever the hell is in front of us. There is time to pause during that moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom