What Happened To Morgan William in 4th Quarter ???? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What Happened To Morgan William in 4th Quarter ????

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Sure. She wasn't ill, tired or injured. Need more? She scored 41 points against Baylor and she hit the winning shot against UConn. That was sufficient evidence she might have spearheaded a comeback. The game was slowly, agonizingly being lost, so why on God's green Earth wouldn't he give her a chance? It defies explanation.

I don't just think it was abhorrent coaching, I think a fix was in.

She played 23 minutes, I'd say that was plenty of a chance to show her stuff and help the team. Since she was having an off game, he tried someone else. As they say "Past performance doesn't guarantee future performance." A common phenomenon in sports, and coaches and players know this.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When the score was 54-50, had we scored in the two trips down to tie or take the lead, then yes you would have seen her in the game in the last few minutes. However, we did not, SC scored a couple of buckets and then they are up by 8. Boom game is essentially over then. Putting her back in then would not have helped.

SC's PG outplayed Morgan William in this game. It hurts to say that but that is the truth. Our back up PG, Holmes actually played very well.
We got killed in the paint all night and they just out hustled and played us.
For the most part, State had 10 starters on this team and that is how we won so many games this year.
Don't see why Coach Schaefer is getting skewered over this. If you watched the game, it was just not her night. As I said before, I think her tank was empty and she did not have any energy left.
"We got killed in the paint all night and they just out hustled and played us."

We're familiar with that. Altogether too much. :(

Reaction Score
What people need to remember that scoring 40 + points against Baylor was very unusual for her. She averaged 10.9 points a season. In the 3 tournament games before Baylor she had eleven points in three games. Now if she were a consistent high volume scorer through out her career it might make sense for the coach to give her a shot even if she was tired. The fact is that she was hotter than a pistol for Baylor and part of Uconn but she had cooled off to normal against SC. She was not going to save them Too many people evaluated her on the game they saw her play against Baylor and Uconn and do not recognize that was not typical for her. Basketball is a game where things tend to even out over time. A hot player will have a cold streak and things will even out that way. Miss State while definitely a good team rode Williams hot wave past Baylor and Uconn. But it appeared to have cooled off against SC. Same thing happened to Schimmel against Baylor years ago and she cooled off against Cal but they stupidly focused their defense against a player whose hot steak had ended and left a red hot wing wide open all game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET
Top Bottom