What happened to Brimah? | The Boneyard

What happened to Brimah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched the game without sound. Thought he fouled out but ESPN boxscore says he only had 3 fouls. It seems like he didn't play last 10 minutes of second half.

caw

Reaction Score
Yep, matchups. He will be needed Saturday.

Reaction Score
brimah came up big with 5 blocks, but phil nolan saved the game playing solid defense on scott.

that being said, when brimah blocked scott's shot and sent him to floor, i laughed out loud. keyed up the fast break to add injury to insult, too.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure , Ollie has no problem yanking Adams or brimah (they do come off the bench). Brimah was huge in the second half with some of his rim protection, but struggled on the glass. KO went big with him and Nolan , thought he lost his damn mind. But it worked out

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I said in the Colorado match up thread that Nolan was an x factor for us and he played great for us. All about match-ups. We will need Brimah and we will need Nolan going forward.

Reaction Score
Brimah was big. Don't think we would have won without him. Ollie seems to prefer going four guards + Shonn down the stretch, or as was the case today four guards + Phil.

Reaction Score
Brimah played great when he was in on D, Colorado was spooked of him at the rim

Reaction Score
Nolan and AB both did a very solid job on defense. 5 blocks and 7 boards was nice from AB but Phil provided a little more muscle down low to keep Scott from getting under the basket as easily as he did in the first half.

Reaction Score
AB sems more raw on offense than last year. His defense is always great, but wow does his offense need some work

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
AB sems more raw on offense than last year. His defense is always great, but wow does his offense need some work

When he keeps his balance about up when posting up, he's got a nice little hook shot. The post up he had off of the PnR with Adams in the 1st was ugly because he didn't set himself. Hopefully he learns to kick it out when that happens next time.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Watching the re-play now. That wrap-around pass Nolan made in the first half was sick.

Reaction Score
When he keeps his balance about up when posting up, he's got a nice little hook shot. The post up he had off of the PnR with Adams in the 1st was ugly because he didn't set himself. Hopefully he learns to kick it out when that happens next time.
I really don't like him or Nolan posting up at all. Id rather they focus on setting harder cleaner screens and rolling very hard for offensive glass purposes.

Nolan I feel is always asking for a pass it's ridiculous, though I'm happy he had that pass to Adams. Brimah should just not post up unless he has 4 inches on defender , same with Nolan/Enoch Facey.

Reaction Score
A couple of his blocks weren't just simple blocks either - he probably wiped out six easy Colorado points.

Colorado was really force feeding Scott down the stretch every time and we went with Phil for the defensive match-up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Brimah was adequate at best today. He looked lost at times and again watched too many rebounds being snared by others. Offensively he was a no show
I fully understand that the guy hasn't played the game that long BUT he is not improving in areas like rebounding, moving his feet on D, converting those at the rim shots. I want him to improve so badly but it just doesn't seem to be happening.
Yes he had a GREAT game vs SMU this year and has shown near brilliance at certain times the last 3 years. He did have some nice blocks today.
But at 7' he needs to come up big on a more consistent basis.
Phil - much to his credit - played really nice D today, that was needed.
I would love to see AB put it together the next game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brimah was big. Don't think we would have won without him. Ollie seems to prefer going four guards + Shonn down the stretch, or as was the case today four guards + Phil.

if he could stay on the goshdarn floor. another couple of phantoms though. kid's luck rating must be -99.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Everyone serves their purpose, but can we please limit the time we see both Nolan and Facey on the court? They don't play well with each other at all.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A couple of his blocks weren't just simple blocks either - he probably wiped out six easy Colorado points.

Colorado was really force feeding Scott down the stretch every time and we went with Phil for the defensive match-up.

would kill to have that 40 year old man kid on our team.

Reaction Score
Brimah was adequate at best today. He looked lost at times and again watched too many rebounds being snared by others. Offensively he was a no show
I fully understand that the guy hasn't played the game that long BUT he is not improving in areas like rebounding, moving his feet on D, converting those at the rim shots. I want him to improve so badly but it just doesn't seem to be happening.
Yes he had a GREAT game vs SMU this year and has shown near brilliance at certain times the last 3 years. He did have some nice blocks today.
But at 7' he needs to come up big on a more consistent basis.
Phil - much to his credit - played really nice D today, that was needed.
I would love to see AB put it together the next game.

5 blocks and 7 rebounds in 24 minutes is solid, sure he cold have made 1 or 2 more FGs but we'll take it. Great team effort all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom