What Happened To AEH? (And Other Reno Surprises) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Happened To AEH? (And Other Reno Surprises)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Please do not say anything bad about Molly's basketball prowess. Trust me .

I like that you jump to their defense as it were. But, truth is truth. Soooo, We shall see....
There is a very good chance that every UCONN player will play badly at some point during this year. The BY rule is and will remain: "
Don't trash the kids that play the games, no matter what team.
Criticizing a play or player is fine, but there's no need whatsoever to get personal about it."
We're taking about 18-22 year old young women.

As long as we all abide by this rule there will be no need to jump to anyone's defense.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Auriemma said after the game that Walker has struggled the past two games, against Michigan State Saturday in Oregon and against Nevada Tuesday. He still has hope — “She proved she can do it,” he said — but she been in a funk after the UCLA game." UConn Takeaways: Gabby Williams' Homecoming, Kia Nurse's Shooting

The "funk" thing does not appear to be Geno's statement. Why would she be in a funk? Good game/bad game...funk?

Reaction Score
TT, you could be right. But I think Andi will get in the ND game.

I do as well, I just think it will be with about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and UConn up by 20+.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If UCONN is up by only twenty in the fourth quarter, I don't believe there will be any substitutions, other than the normal first two off the bench.

Reaction Score
The most surprising decision in the Nevada game (to me, at least) was the fact that Andra Espinosa-Hunter did not play. I wonder if she had a minor injury. It certainly is unusual that after playing so well in the last game, tonight we saw Molly and Mikayla get in the game as guards, but not AEH.

I hope someone will ask Geno about this in the postgame press conference.

Other surprises:

1. Azura and Gabby both managed to get four fouls in not.a lot of minutes.
  2. Kyla Irwin got on the floor before Megan Walker in the second quarter.
  3. UConn had multiple, serious defensive breakdowns against a not-very-good team in the second half. If it hadn’t been for Kia Nurse’s amazing shooting, this game would have been in single digits.
  4. Molly made an excellent pass late in the game that should have been assist, but her teammate (I think it was Azura) missed a wide-open shot. Molly also committed a silly turnover and got beat way too easily on a pick and roll play, but I attribute those mistakes to her minimal minutes in actual games.
I hope you are right about Molly. The fact is, she makes egregious turnovers every time out. Is she moving too fast? Is she just not that good? She is working really hard, and I hope she develops to a point where her skills are on display. So far, I am not seeing much. I have different concerns about Kyla....mostly her defense. She works hard, she passes well ( occasionally makes a bad decision and tries for " too good" of a pass, resulting in a turnover ) and she can score. However, when I watch her guard someone with the ball, that person almost always scores. She battles for rebounds and backs off ( sometimes too much?) so as not to foul. She usually fails at both ( doesn't block the shot, or get the rebound, but does get called for a foul). But you are right. More playing time is bound to help them both. Either that, or Geno will see a ceiling that results in playing time only when games are well in hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom