What games are you going to this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What games are you going to this year?

Reaction Score
What away games are you all planning on going to?

I'm in NJ and will most likely go to the SHU game at Prudential on Saturday 1/8. Anyone else planning on going to that one? I think the tix are now available.

I'd also like to go to the SJU game on 2/13. It doesn't look like single tix are available per SJU, but there are resale seats available. I'm assuming those are Season Tix?

Two easy away games on Saturdays. Both games are at noon, which may not be as much fun as MSG at night was in the past, but I don't mind being "that middle aged guy" and doing afternoon drinks on a cold day rather than a late night.

have they developed anything near the Prudential center in terms of bars/restaurants? I remember a few years ago they had a dinosaur bbq next to the Prudential Center which was ok.

Reaction Score
have they developed anything near the Prudential center in terms of bars/restaurants? I remember a few years ago they had a dinosaur bbq next to the Prudential Center which was ok.
It is much better than when I worked in Newark like 20 years ago. But I think the pandemic hit that area hard. When I looked up places on Yelp! I saw that Dinosaur closed. Worst case scenario, you hit the Ironbound for watered down sangria, but good Portuguese food (but with Spanish names).

Reaction Score
I live in NYC so I just bought Seton Hall tix in Newark and I'm already going to St. Bonaventure. Will definitely go to St. John's in the Garden and play it by ear for home games.

Reaction Score
Is there a new "Uconn bar" in NYC? I used to go to Van Diemen's when that was around but it closed, did anything replace it?

Reaction Score
Anyone know when single game XL tickets will be available? Nothing on UConn site. Going to be in CT the weekend of the PC game, looking to pick up 5 to take the kids. The marketplace on StubHub is outrageous. Flexpacks aren't even available yet.

Reaction Score
Anyone know when single game XL tickets will be available? Nothing on UConn site. Going to be in CT the weekend of the PC game, looking to pick up 5 to take the kids. The marketplace on StubHub is outrageous. Flexpacks aren't even available yet.
See here. Probably next week.

Reaction Score
I’ll attend a half dozen home games or so, would love to get out to @ PC

Reaction Score
If anyone ends up going to the away Marquette game, shoot me a msg. I'd happily meet up for a beverage before the game to chat all things CBB.

Reaction Score
I can't make the Butler game at XL, so if someone is interested in that one feel free to message me. Second tier sideline, row K.

Reaction Score
First season XL Center season ticket owner. I'm in Norwalk, so I won't be able to attend every XL game, but I was attracted to the $104 season ticket price when promoted back in April.

The Providence, Butler, Creighton and Marquette games are definites while the Coppin State game is more likely for me than the Binghamton game. I can't justify getting up to Hartford on a Tuesday for the UMES game, so that's my only "hard pass".

I try to get up to Gampel once a season, so the Xavier game during Presidents' Day weekend is on the radar. MSG on a Sunday noon would be awesome too, especially since MSG is probably my favorite arena. The last two times I've been there were for concerts (Phish, Smashing Pumpkins), so I miss the sound of cheering fans resonating from the wood ceiling.

My wife's friends just moved to North Attleborough, so I'd love to spend 1/15 in the Providence area, going to the game at 2, and then see the friends after. Despite going to UConn, somehow, I've never been to the Dunk.

Aside from UConn, I'll check out a few Sacred Heart games, two of which I'm taking my school's boys' and girls' 7/8 basketball teams to watch a game and play a halftime scrimmage. I'm 20 minutes from campus, so heading to Sacred Heart for an impromptu live game is a fun way to break up the monotony of the late winter of the school year. I'll skip Fairfield this year, as I'm not excited to see them play at the Webster Bank and then maybe I'll catch a few other area games as well. One game is Davidson @ Fordham, as a buddy and former colleague is a Davidson alum and huge fan of their team.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom