What former UConn big (their best season) would you bring back for this team? Stewie excluded! | The Boneyard

What former UConn big (their best season) would you bring back for this team? Stewie excluded!

Reaction Score
This would be a tough decision! Do you go with Stef, the all around skill set with enough bulk to battle Betts and Cardoso? Perhaps Kiah, the defensive wizard as we have plenty of offense. Wolters? Tina Charles, perhaps the greatest big of all?
I guess I’d have to go with Tina.

Reaction Score
Tina, of course.

But if we’re talking about best single season and adding her to this team, I think my #2 might have to be Kara to play next to Aaliyah and Ice. There were moments in the season after Rebecca graduated that Kara was unstoppable in the paint no matter how many players swarmed her. “Be gone, mere mortals” she might say as she muscled past them.

Reaction Score
This would be a tough decision! Do you go with Stef, the all around skill set with enough bulk to battle Betts and Cardoso? Perhaps Kiah, the defensive wizard as we have plenty of offense. Wolters? Tina Charles, perhaps the greatest big of all?
I guess I’d have to go with Tina.
Maya Moore in the PF spot.

We have AE and anyone else at the center spot.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Dolson. She was a like a PG, but on the defensive side.
My thoughts exactly. The big thing this team is lacking IMO is the high-low entry pass. Stef was a zone-buster not just by her outside shooting, but also by her uncanny ability (and size) to make the pass to the player at the basket.

I think the combination of Ice and Aaliyah will figure this out this season.

Reaction Score
As great as Tina is, I’d go with Dolson for this team. Dolson played better at the high-low game and was essentially a 6’5 point guard when she had the ball at the high post. She had a good midrange shot (as did Tina), was like a wall when screening, and won defensive player of the year for a reason, too. Exactly the kind of post player UConn could use during any season.

There’s a reason Geno once said if he could coach 10 Stefanie Dolsons he’d coach forever.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I love this question!!! Stef Dolson all the way. She takes up huge space and can set a screen for those shooters like no one else! Imagine what Paige, Azzi, and Q could do with Stef setting screens for them.

This would be my pick and reasoning. Her senior year she was a good shot blocker and consistently played in the high post. She set massive picks, passed well, and her playing from 15-20 feet out creates spacing inside for Edwards. Strong rebounder and avoided foul trouble. Just a good fit.

Reaction Score
I love this game.

There are so many choices. I would say Stef, Tina, or Asjha Jones.

Reaction Score
No question. Tina Charles. She would free up Aaliyah to play her natural power forward position. Tina would match Paige’s intensity. This team would be untouchable.
As much as I love Tina, I think Tina plays the same role as Aaliyah. I think Dolson fills the gap that they presently have. I'd follow that with Stokes or Tuck or Dorka as my next group.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom