What do we know about Auburn? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What do we know about Auburn?

Reaction Score
Whaley and Akok will have to guard Smith on the perimeter. Hopefully Akok is up to the task because it won’t be easy scoring inside against Kessler and Smith, so Akok’s ability to stretch the defense would be a big lift. Whaley has been the worst offensive player out of the team’s core rotation by a wide margin (-1.3 OBPM) and he and Sanogo clogging the paint will only put extra pressure on the others to score from the perimeter. Making our 3s is the clear path to a W, but I’m not going to count on that happening in our first game against a good opponent. I’m expecting a rock fight.
I expect a close game in the first half. And we pull away the last 10min. Win by 10-12

Reaction Score
This will be my first and last post on this aspect because it’s a conversation that could quickly get cesspooled, but yesterday I also learned that that is apparently now a fast-track to be “cancelled” for cultural appropriation, which my daughters half-jokingly cited as their reason for declining.
It amazes me how people get offended by the simplest things these days. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. A shame that people have to worry that much about what strangers think about their hairstyles, clothing, etc. Borrowing something cool from another culture should be seen as something good, not something subject to being "cancelled", IMO.

Reaction Score
8893 finally says "when in Rome" Here's a pic

Attachments

• MV5BMTY5NjUxNTk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMxMzYyMDI@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMTY5NjUxNTk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMxMzYyMDI@._V1_.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I think most people agree that if you're wearing/doing something that is actually a tribute to a culture in some way, it's fine. Once you get things like rich white women wearing fake Indian headdresses to coachella, it's pretty trashy. You can't mock a culture or make some knockoff, simplistic version of it and expect people to be cool with it.

Cultural appropriation is inevitable, and not necessarily a bad thing. There are just some versions of it that get pretty stupid.
This. Big difference between celebration and appropriation.

Reaction Score
This will be my first and last post on this aspect because it’s a conversation that could quickly get cesspooled, but yesterday I also learned that that is apparently now a fast-track to be “cancelled” for cultural appropriation, which my daughters half-jokingly cited as their reason for declining.
Speaking of cultural appropriation:

OIP.4OO_bSPqY_0Bp6Bl1YZgWgHaFx

Reaction Score
Auburn is a football school. UConn clearly is not. Luckily this will be a basketball game so we have a chance. Seriously though, should be a fun game for us since it will be fast paced. This is not the team that got its ass handled by AU under Ollie by 25 . I think that game was the beginning of the slide... that was a long time ago. Payback to Pearl is coming.
Actually the fate of that team was determined that previous spring and summer by the
three guys ,two of them starters , leaving with almost no notice
Our number one recruit de committing very late. another recruit being declared ineligible,and the final blow losing Gilbert for the year. Plus their second best player was coming off an ACL and was not the same.
That was an awfully undermanned UConn team playing a true road game at an Auburn team that won the SEC . What could possibly go wrong?
Lowly recruits Polley 18, , Carlton 18,Whaley,19
even CV ,19 were all kids playing significant minutes. Vital at a listed 6’2 was guarding a three at lot of the time.
This one should be
revenge for those guys.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I learned this from The Office

images

Reaction Score
I haven't read any of this thread, but I do know a lot about Auburn. Here's the cliff notes:

• Allen Flanigan is probably their best player, but is coming off an achilles injury and won't be playing.
  • Jabari Smith is the real deal. 6-foot-10, mobile four. Good scorer, probably gonna be a top ten pick. Whaley/Andre/Tyrese all good matchups for him defensively.
  • Adama should be able to eat against Walker Kessler. He's 7-1 and long, but he's going to get bullied. Adama will get position anywhere he wants.
  • The biggest question is their guards. Bruce's best teams have had great, veteran point guard play. I know the staff is not in love with this group. They have a transfer from Georgia, one from Western Kentucky and one from Charleston.

When Auburn is doing what they want to do, they are forcing turnovers, they are getting out in transition and they are running to get quick, spot-up threes or find a big rim-running in transition. I don't think they have the guards or wings for that this season. They really struggled with our old friends South Florida last week. To me, without Flanigan, this is more of a top 40 team than a top 20 team.

They've got some game-changers out there, and if their press is working, they can be tough. But I think the Huskies should be favored, and based on KenPom and some of the other metrics, it looks like we might be dogs. I'll take that bet.

Reaction Score
We beat Auburn, then Michigan St, then Baylor = Battle 4 Atlantis Champs = Top 10 ranking by next week..... cash the check.

Reaction Score
We beat Auburn, then Michigan St, then Baylor = Battle 4 Atlantis Champs = Top 10 ranking by next week..... cash the check.
We would easily be ranked #4 or #5 if we did that. Maybe even #3 behind KU, and the winner of Gonzaga/UCLA tonight

Reaction Score
We are playing BU in the final.. Are we ready yet to "man" up or will we have to wait to the FF?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I will say, I think Baylor is outstanding. Like, potential back to back good. Loyola would be a tough out as well. Let’s handle Auburn first though.
Amen.

Reaction Score
I will say, I think Baylor is outstanding. Like, potential back to back good. Loyola would be a tough out as well. Let’s handle Auburn first though.
Baylor is still a great team, but their 3 point shooting is definitely worse and that was a big part of their offense last year (41.3% as a team; 1st in the country). I think they’ll have more close games due to that alone, but agreed that they’re clearly a contender. Absolutely nuts considering the guard trio they lost in Butler, Mitchell, and Teague.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom