What did Charles Barkley say after Uconn won? | The Boneyard

What did Charles Barkley say after Uconn won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was at the game and heard he basically said Uconn would get destroyed in second half. Does anyone have any footage or can say what his reaction was when UConn pulled the win out?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Didn't seem like he said anything after the game. He said during halftime that Uconn would be blown out. After the game he really said nothing at all.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Charles-Barkley-quote-I-don't-care-what-peo.png

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He's Hilarious on TNT. not so much on cbs. seems like he doesn't watch college bball that much and has no idea, what he is talking about.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Lots of compliments after the game, mostly about the amazing defensive effort. He was impressed. But don't worry he will pick florida to win big next.

Reaction Score
He mumbled something, not sure if he had foot in mouth disease or had been drinking in between commercials.

Reaction Score
No he was contrite actually said that our defense turned it around, said MSU could not even "get into their offense". Look, he feels MSU is the better team which is all well and good as we go to the final 4. Just heard Mateen Cleeves on radio say that UCONN played like they wanted it more, KO ran a lot of pro sets and got mismatches, luvin' on KO. was very complimentary especially for a MSU guy. Said any team that plays us has to contain Bazz, then picked Florida. Good sign.

Reaction Score
Charles said that he's never seen a pair of guards dominate the game offensively and defensively like bazz and boat.
Yup, that's what he said. Didn't eat his pound of Crow for what he said during halftime. I think someone should make him accountable for what he said, but that's not going to happen. It's fricken Charles Barkley we're talking about. I like him as an NBA guy, but as a college analyst, NO! He knows very little about college hoops apart from the handful of perceived top teams...and I stress perceived.

Reaction Score
He's Hilarious on TNT. not so much on cbs. seems like he doesn't watch college bball that much and has no idea, what he is talking about.

You can say the same thing about many of the others. A lot of them knew very little about our team in the early rounds of this tournament and played catch up.

People make fun of them but Jon Rothstein and Andy Katz really know a lot about many different teams. Certainly ours.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Barkley " Uconn will get blown out in the 2nd half " Uconn WINS!!!

Barkley " Spurs are the 4th best team, in the West " Spurs Win 17 straight games.

Dude is more often, wrong than right :)

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Charles said that he's never seen a pair of guards dominate the game offensively and defensively like bazz and boat.

Yes, he actually got choked up saying it. Was very complimentary.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I was still in shock that we Won. I thought Kenny was the 1, praising Uconn.

Reaction Score
Who cares what that windbag spewes.... The year Kemba put us on his back, all dip$hit Barclay was saying was "Big Least this Big Least that... The conference is way overrated, Uconn doesn't have a chance, etc etc etc...." Well, which conference won it all that year thanks to Uconn.....??? He's an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom