What comes next for UConn athletics/football now that the football season is canceled? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What comes next for UConn athletics/football now that the football season is canceled?

Reaction Score
You would think so, but I’m not sure the administration sees it that way. If that happens, we better have a coach lined up first. Randy recruits good athletes and I’d like to keep them if he is let go. I’m not in the mood for losing a bunch of guys and doing another rebuild. I’m pretty confident Randy has brought some speed and talent in at a minimum.
I agree. If we were still in AAC I think next year would be a make or break year for Randy. But seeing as we have some pretty top tier teams on the schedule, I don't think wins and losses will be the benchmark to judge the team next year.

Reaction Score
Randy is bringing in some decent commits.. I don’t want to start over again with another mass exodus.. which could happen if he’s let go after this season.. notice though the RS juniors and seniors are still here and hopefully stay..
I think the reason the others left was either
attitude and believing in the program...im not one of
Randy’s recruits so don’t give a crap about the program and Diaco was so much better as a coach..
no playing time.. so your not good enough to keep your spot you had as a freshman and your not getting any more time on the field ..or
We are bringing in another couple kids at your position and you’ll have to compete and they just weren’t good enough to keep the position.,
I agree we need to see a vast improvement this year ..
I think the talent was the problem as well as The coaching staff.. I can’t blame these last 3 years all on Edsall.
May some point the players have to take this in to their own hands and do better.. missed tackles, throws, fumbles, catches .. it all plays into how good a team we are.. I’m expecting improvement. Hopefully I’m not disappointed in 2021..

Reaction Score
We need to see a vast improvement. Maybe at some point the players have to take this into their own hands. I’m expecting improvement. Hopefully I’m not disappointed in 2021.

If it’s improvement you’re looking for, may I present 2019 Omar Fortt and today’s Omar Fortt as exhibit A. Being anticipatory and quick to the ball carrier is one thing, not letting him break your grasp is another. All of the players have committed to a relentless regimen of improvement and the differences in many cases are startling.
D36705A0-DAC9-4048-B68A-E859D88C28E4.jpeg
6223F64C-9E83-44FA-9784-923C6D2E0FF5.jpeg

Reaction Score
If it’s improvement you’re looking for, may I present 2019 Omar Fortt and today’s Omar Fortt as exhibit A. Being anticipatory and quick to the ball carrier is one thing, not letting him break your grasp is another. All of the players have committed to a relentless regimen of improvement and the differences in many cases are startling.
View attachment 59964 View attachment 59965
Man I wish I could get that training

Reaction Score
View attachment 59964 View attachment 59965
lifetime fan of this kid... went to HS with my kid... Good head on his shoulders....

Reaction Score
Nice thread on DB Jeremy Lucien:

the only problem with that play is the other guy caught the ball... just sayin... Hopefully, Jeremy can come back in the Fall with a chip on his shoulder, corner turned, and ready to compete, and even take the starting job... He's got the length we need at CB. Hopefully the physicality, along with some playmaking ability will be there as well. Our DBs have looked awful on deep ball plays.. Either they got outright beat for a long TD pass over the top or they were guaranteed to get a PI call...

Reaction Score
the only problem with that play is the other guy caught the ball... just sayin... Hopefully, Jeremy can come back in the Fall with a chip on his shoulder, corner turned, and ready to compete, and even take the starting job... He's got the length we need at CB. Hopefully the physicality, along with some playmaking ability will be there as well. Our DBs have looked awful on deep ball plays.. Either they got outright beat for a long TD pass over the top or they were guaranteed to get a PI call...
It was a perfectly thrown ball

Reaction Score
It was a perfectly thrown ball
I know... It was a perfect ball.. Can't do anything about that... I just pointed it out initially because it seems to be our achilles heal (our secondary, how youthful it's been year in and year out lately). We just need stability back there...
Oh, yeah, btw, we need a little more stability at LB too. We need one more kid that can step up and make plays at the 2nd level... we haven't had adequate depth there since Edsall got back...

Reaction Score
I know... It was a perfect ball.. Can't do anything about that... I just pointed it out initially because it seems to be our achilles heal (our secondary, how youthful it's been year in and year out lately). We just need stability back there...
Oh, yeah, btw, we need a little more stability at LB too. We need one more kid that can step up and make plays at the 2nd level... we haven't had adequate depth there since Edsall got back...
I agree. I was just excited that we have a quarterback who can place a ball that accurately.

Reaction Score
Actually it looked like he dropped it. I saw ball on the ground- could be wrong though.

Reaction Score
I agree. I was just excited that we have a quarterback who can place a ball that accurately.
That QB needs to be consistent with that going fwd.... We've got the talent. Let's all hope we see this thing come together in '21...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom