What comes next for UConn athletics/football now that the football season is canceled? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What comes next for UConn athletics/football now that the football season is canceled?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm hearing that the program plans to go to helmets next week during practice and come October set up for 15 padded practices. Hope it happens with a healthy roster. Would love to hear what progress we are making.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing that the program plans to go to helmets next week during practice and come October set up for 15 padded practices. Hope it happens with a healthy roster. Would love to hear what progress we are making.
Hopefully we can get some reports on who’s playing which positions on the first and second teams as well as who our Number 1 and 2 QB is.. I know it’s a long way till sept 2021 and a lot will change but it would be nice to hear from the players and get some news!

Reaction Score
Assuming the hysteria dies down on the virus by the spring, UConn should restart the blue-white scrimmage in April. There will be a lot of pent-up demand for football by then. We can assess whether all this weight-lifting and fancy slogans will get us more than 2 wins in 2021.

Reaction Score
Lol, i think he will have more promising offers but one can dream.
He was born in Boston, played for Brown and coached at Brown -- maybe he wants to return to New England.

Reaction Score
Must be a weird feeling to practice for games a year away. Especially for some of the seniors who won't be back next year. The 2021 team will probably be the most prepared team with all that practice and also be the most rusty group trying to catch up to real game speed. Will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Assuming the hysteria dies down on the virus by the spring, UConn should restart the blue-white scrimmage in April. There will be a lot of pent-up demand for football by then. We can assess whether all this weight-lifting and fancy slogans will get us more than 2 wins in 2021.
Hey, if Red Pants can get 3 wins in his worst season, why can't HCRE2.0 at least tie his own highest win total since his triumphant return? I'm predicting no losses in 2020 and single digits in 2021, take it to the bank.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Next year is show or go for Randy. I think there is very little tolerance for under performing at this point.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Guys sleep walking through practice to the sounds of unintelligible music, that sums up UConn football.
The song is On The Way by Sonic Beat and the players looked good.

Reaction Score
Next year is show or go for Randy. I think there is very little tolerance for under performing at this point.

You would think so, but I’m not sure the administration sees it that way. If that happens, we better have a coach lined up first. Randy recruits good athletes and I’d like to keep them if he is let go. I’m not in the mood for losing a bunch of guys and doing another rebuild. I’m pretty confident Randy has brought some speed and talent in at a minimum.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You would think so, but I’m not sure the administration sees it that way. If that happens, we better have a coach lined up first. Randy recruits good athletes and I’d like to keep them if he is let go. I’m not in the mood for losing a bunch of guys and doing another rebuild. I’m pretty confident Randy has brought some speed and talent in at a minimum.
I don’t disagree, but at some point results have to be shown on the field. Next year is that point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom